• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cena: Spoilers from Raw

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you haven't seen Raw then turn away.

I wan't to discuss this whole Cena being "fired" angle. If you watched Raw then you saw that Cena was re-hired yesterday. Is it me or this storyline was complete garbage? Few things that got on my nerves:

-Cena was on Raw every episode after he got fired
-He only came down once with a pair of tickets.
-He went over the barricades, no security guards do anything, he doesn't get handcuffs put on him.
-He had his wrestling gear every time.
-His theme music played a few times.

I'm sure they are more things, but those are the only ones that comes to mind at the moment.

Why they would do this angle is just beyond me, they failed on every level possible.

What were your thoughts?

Let's try to leave the whole Juan Cena thing out of this :lol:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Thank you for creating this thread. This angle was just as useless than tits on a man. I mean this was unbelievable. First of all Cena spoiled it on Twitter when he said that he bought tickets to Raw. Always wearing his wrestling gear was stupid as well, and if he was really fired why play his theme music. The WWE did nothing to go out of there way to make this angle believable.

I really thought that Cena was gonna be gone for awhile, but since it is the "E" writing this crap what would we expect. This stupid angle is proof that Cena will not turn heel anytime soon and that the WWE is catering to kids and not their longtime fans.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It was garbage. Worst angle of the year. I know the whole discussion was actually over Cena going heel or not (and not him being "free or fired" as we were so often told before SS) and it just died. WWE did not think before doing this. They channeled their inner TNA.

Also, spectators are not supposed to have kneepads. At least give us THAT.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really thought that Cena was gonna be gone for awhile
This is another thing that really bothered me. Cena had the whole being sad moment thing after Survivor series where he left his wrist bands in the middle of the ring, then went through the crowd to shake hands with fans and such.

Then the next day he had the whole saying goodbye on Raw. Sorry, but when you get fired you just leave, you don't get fifteen minutes to thank everyone. I think the whole goodbye thing was a slap in the face, I really thought he was sincere about the whole spending time with his mother and such.

The whole thing was a complete disaster and a waste of a couple of weeks in all honesty.

The only thing that it done when you think about it, is have Otunga getting turned on by Nexus. Which is nothing special.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Otunga should team with Cena, but that won't happen...

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The whole thing could have been much better but I don't think Vince wanted to take Cena off TV...he didn't have the balls to do it because he's the big draw.

It flopped, plain and simple. Cena did explain he's got friends in the WWE and that's why the security didn't stop him but still, it was poorly executed and coulda been so much better.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
In extreme hindsight... I would put this as the biggest flop in the past 2 or 3 years in the WWE in terms of main event players having a shitty storyline...

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
In extreme hindsight... I would put this as the biggest flop in the past 2 or 3 years in the WWE in terms of main event players having a shitty storyline...
It annoys me because they've been planning this damn storyline since June and this is how it ends. Even up to Cena getting fired it was good but since he was fired it's been pretty unbelievable and terrible.

I mean, maybe if you're 12 years old it was believable but not for me. Remember when McMahon fired Austin? I was pissed back then so maybe some of us are too old for this angle haha

This has gotta be one of the biggest if not the biggest letdown stroyline I have ever seen!

With all the planning that was involved, you would think they would make it more believable. But no the writers wanted to make it only believable to little kids, because that's Cena's fanbase, instead of catering to it's TRUE fans who's been there through it all, it's like they've turned their backs on us, and focused more on what cells and what they want.

I loved this storyline up to Cena being fired...then it all went to shit, coming out in his gear, his theme playing, coming out to the ring without ANY security going after him. And their excuse for that was that NEXUS had attacked them, so they were gonna let ANYONE attack them in return. The only way I could have enjoyed the second half is if each-time they screwed up I took a shot of liquor.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I mean, maybe if you're 12 years old it was believable but not for me. Remember when McMahon fired Austin? I was pissed back then so maybe some of us are too old for this angle haha

Well what would have worked this time, that worked back then (there's nothing wrong with a rehashed angle if it works at the time in its own way, in my opinion), is the whole Austin getting arrested, sneaking in, etc. It's the little things that ruined this. Like generalblue pointed out, it was ridiculous that Cena used his entrance music, was in his same attire he's in every week, etc.

It started great, Cena's speech on the RAW he was "fired" was excellent. If the right things happened after, it would have worked really well. What a ball drop for the WWE.