Cena: Baseball steroid users should be in jail

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Interesting to hear him say that...I wonder if he thinks pro wrestlers who took steroids should be as well.

Source: SeattlePI.NWSource.com

Former World Heavyweight Champion John Cena was interviewed before last night's No Way Out Pay-Per-View by Jim Moore of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Some highlights:

-- Ten years ago this summer, Cena was folding towels and cleaning toilets at Gold's Gym in Venice Beach, California, while living out of his car.

-- Sorry ladies - Cena is engaged and says, "I'm gonna get married this year."

-- Cena wants to be a role model and says it means a lot to him when parents say their kids look up to him. "I don't know when it happened, but nowadays it seems like nobody cares," Cena said. "Our main figures are collapsing around us. People don't seem to know that other people are watching them."

-- What happened with Alex Rodriguez and the steroids revelations sickened him. He thinks if everyone really wants to get serious about cleaning up the game, "they should send the guys to jail." As for steroids, Cena understands why his incredible physique may draw some steroid speculation. "I'm not only a guy who will say I'm clean, but I'll beat my chest to the world that I'm clean," he said. "I have very, very strong opinions on that."

-- With his movie career taking off, Cena seems to like the idea that he could be the next Arnold Schwarzenegger or Sylvester Stallone action star. "That's a giant void in cinema," Cena said. "Everywhere I go, the question is always: 'Who's the next guy?' I think I'm damn near the closest thing to come around the pike."

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Man, Cena's an awesome guy. I'm not sure about the double standard of steroid punishment (I also wonder what he thinks about people like Hogan, etc. Should they be in jail??). Despite that, Cena always gives a classy and entertaining interview. He's a great face for the business...not just for WWE, but for wrestling all over the place.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Oh my lord what a joke. Forget the whole steroids in wrestling analogy, this is the same guy who says that Boston fans never turn their backs on their guys referencing Mantard, and then months later he was gone.

Hey John you should be thrown in jail for being the shittiest wrestler on the planet today.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
He certainly gave himself a few tugs at the end there, eh?

I can agree with his sentiments regarding roids and such, but I think he's tooting his own horn a bit too loud with his movie star babbling.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What they did was wrong, but I don't think the baseball players that used steroids should go to jail. It was wrong, but they shouldn't be convicted. But if they lied in court about the use of steroids, than thats a whole different story.