• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cemetery

Dabs

Registered Member
Do you find a cemetery a peaceful quiet place to be??
Or is it creepy to you??
Or do you feel nothing about the subject, because you never have a reason to go there anyway??

Cheyron

Registered Member
Call me morbid, but it seems a calming place to be. Probably because you don't get people running around and such compared to a regular place.

I guess it also depends on the state of the cemetery. Seems people enjoy destroying headstones and/or littering inside them.

Hm.

Sim

Registered Member
I don't often go to cemetaries, and I have a similar feeling there like when I go into churches (which I don't do often either): A rather calm, slightly illustrious and maybe a tad mystic feeling, which causes a mild feeling of awe in me.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
A year or so ago when I was upset because I thought my brother was in a lot of trouble, and had been driving around towns like a crazy person trying to find him, the first place I went when I gave up was a cemetery. I don't really know why, I just felt like it was the one place you can cry and nobody will question you, because surely the reason is already obvious. I didn't even cry or anything, just the feeling of being left alone for a bit was relaxing. I cleared my head and found him in the end. :)

However, if it's night time then I find them creepy!

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
The last place I want to be is the cemetery. What if the zombie apocalypse happens while I am inside? I would be so screwed.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I love cemeteries. I find them to be very peaceful. I love looking at the headstones and statues, especially the older ones. When I was in Savannah I went to the cemetery where Johnny Mercer is buried, the famous cemetery. It was really cool.

Daemonic

Registered Member
I like them, I took a bunch of pictures at one a while ago to see if any ghost showed up. I lost all the photos though before I got to look.......

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We used to play hide and seak in the graveyard by our elementary school back in the day. I wasn't afraid at all and we did it at night.

I think they are pretty cool during the daytime hours when it's light out. I guess I was braver back then but I wouldn't want to be in one at night anymore.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I only go if I really need too, not that I'm afraid of them it's just not a place I enjoy spending my time at. When I do go though, I'm like Jeanie. I love reading some of the headstones, seeing what year they were born and died, or just a little message left by the family.

A few months ago, a few people went to a cemetery overnight and destroyed some of the head stones. I thought it was so awful when I read that in the Newspaper.

Saffy

Registered Member
I only go about 2 or 3 times a year. I dont really like them ,, i think of all the people who have been put in the ground there. I dont want to be put in a hole in the ground when i die:(