Celtics vs Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well the Lakers beat the Celtics yesterday. It was a pretty entertaining game to watch, Kobe was defenitely the better player on the court, Paul Pierce couldn't stop him. This also ends the 19 game winning streak of the Celtics.

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

And it was Phil Jackson's 1,000th win as a head coach. I don't remember when I last enjoyed a regular-season basketball game as much.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Warning: pointless post
    Did this game matter even a little? The NBA regular season is so meaningless.

4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I think every game between the Celtics and Lakers this year will be a good game, especially in the NBA Finals.

..and yes, it was an important game. The Lakers had something to prove and they proved it.

5. Major

What did they have to prove? They already have one of the best records in the league. It's not like this game has any impact on the finals, should these two teams meet there again.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

The Lakers lost pretty terribly to the Celtics in the NBA finals last season, I did not enjoy watching my favorite team lose at all. So the Lakers beating the Celtics shows that they could beat them.

They definitely had something to prove.

7. Major

Atlanta, Cleveland, and Detroit all beat the Celtics in the regular season, yet all lost to the Celtics in the postseason last year. Anybody can beat anybody in one game. It doesn't prove anything. Besides, it's not like the Lakers were swept in the finals. They actually won two games, so we already knew they could beat the Celtics.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It didn't mean much, but a win his a win, which means that it betters your chance to make the playoffs. I know it's very unlikely for these two these to miss the playoffs, but you never know anything can happen.

Also its been six months the Lakers have waiting to face this team, they just wanted to face them again, and they came out on top.

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Well it's good for people (like me) who wanted to see the streak end. Unless it's my team, I don't like to see other teams going for these huge streaks and whatnot.