• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cell's explosion

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Does anyone else find it odd that Goku who was at least 4 times as strong as Cell (probably more like 8 though) was destroyed by Cell's self destruction. I think Goku was stronger then Cell second form, and I have no idea why he died.

D

Dranigus

The power driven by a self destruction can be far greater than you could even begin to imagine.

And besides the real reason Goku would have died was due to him not being able to breath in outerspace. Again it makes no sense, because King Kai's planet lies in the atmosphere of the giant planet of King Yenma.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well you say that self-destruction is very powerful then why when Android 19 did on Cell it didn't have any effect on him. and i know that he used Instant Transportation so no one else gets hurt, but like you said he still should of survived.

D

Dranigus

Android 19 never fought Cell.

This is Android 19:

He thought against Goku and then against Vegeta and got blown to bits.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry I didnt mean Android 19 what I meant is Android 16 he was the one who did Self Destruction and had no effect on Cell, so that's why it shouldn't have any effect on Goku because Goku was stronger then Android 16

D

Dranigus

Android 16's self destruct mechanism was removed by Bulma and her dad while they were repairing him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh my god, it shows I have not wacth Dragon Ball z in awhile lol. But back to the point I still think Goku should of never died when he self Destruct, also why didn't he send him to another plant that has no living life there, and just leave him there, then use instant transportation to go back to earth.

D

Dranigus

I don't know. Goku should have been smart enough to just have sent Cell to Hell and then teleported back to Earth.

Cell's sel destruction was more powerful than Kakarrot's pl, however I don't believe it was more powerful than Gohan's pl. I mean come-on lets think about this for a minute shall we. The pl of Imperfect Cell form2 is weaker than Super Saiyan Grade 2 and if gohan was in SS2 and faught Vegeta in SSG3, vegeta wouldn't be able to do anything at all, the fight( I rather call it gohan humilitating vegeta) wouldn't even last as long as Racoom VS. Kakarrot and that wasn't even a fight. So to really think about it, I seriously doubt cell's S/D would do anything to gohan. Not only that but I believe gohan had alot more power than he was letting on when he faught P/C. But if kakarrot did have any sense at all he would have gone to hell then went back to earth and S/P/C still would have appeared but I do think it would have been alot different.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Dranigus said:
The power driven by a self destruction can be far greater than you could even begin to imagine.

And besides the real reason Goku would have died was due to him not being able to breath in outerspace. Again it makes no sense, because King Kai's planet lies in the atmosphere of the giant planet of King Yenma.
I dont think Goku would have enough time to teleport Cell some where and then leave.