• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cell shading: love it or hate it?

Cell shading: love it or hate it

• love it [ ie like ]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hate it [ ie dislike ]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yooperchick

Registered Member
I am on the fence with this one, so I didn't vote. I've seen it look good in games, but have also seen it look pretty bad.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Erm, the cell shading doesn't have much to do with them having a nose or not. Cell shading is just where they make it look as if it was a comic/cartoon or something with outlines.

Wrecked

Registered Member
sorry i didn't add a middle option. from what i collected over time it was either a strong feeling of love/hate for it.

cell shading is pretty much litterally adding a black outline to a 3D object [ as i understand it to be ]. so it looks more 2D and comic/cartoon like.

games that used cel shading:

Jet Set Radio [ Future ]
Ultimate Spider-Man
Zelda: Wind Waker
XIII
Viewtiful Joe
[ that's all i could think of at the top of my head ]

now that i think about it, JSR for the DC was the first game to utilize cel shading and i loved it, both the shading and the game.