Cell shading: love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wrecked, Nov 25, 2005.

?

Cell shading: love it or hate it

Poll closed Dec 5, 2005.
  1. love it [ ie like ]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. hate it [ ie dislike ]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

i myself am a fan of cel shading. but there are a lot of non sayers out there that hate cel shading. if done correctly, it can look beautiful.

what about you guys?

2. RossDude

RossDude Beep

I like it. I agree that it can look very beautiful if used correctly, and it is very fitting for a lot of the games it is implemented into.

3. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

Agree with the above. If dont right, it is good. An example of poor shadine, Gran Mobile Automobilista (or something like that ). But I think the overall problem with that game was just poor poor controls.

I really enjoyd Wind Waker, but I have a strong feeling I will enjoy the new more realistic Zelda alot more.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I can't say I "hate" it, but I definitely don't love it. I'll take realistic graphics over cel-shading any day.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I love it. Windwaker used it and it really worked well. It's a cool concept and for certain types of games it works. However, I would probably hate it in a Star Wars game, or a first person shooter. I think it all depends on individual games that use it. There was a shooter XII or something from UbiSoft that used a variation of it. I never played it though so I can't comment.

6. Rayzn

Rayzn Registered Member

I don't mind it, but I don't love it or hate it.

7. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

I don't hate it... I love it. Just the same way I love realistic graphics. And old graphics. In my eyes, Pong has incredible graphics. They really don't matter.

8. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

the game was XIII [ 13 ] and it worked pretty well for it cause they made it seem more like a comic with the sound effect words and the storyboards.

it was an alright game, i think i just played the demo [ for PC ].

9. RossDude

RossDude Beep

That is what they did with the new Ultimate Spiderman, they cell shaded to give it a comic book feel. I haven't played the game, but from what I've seen, it seems very fitting.

10. Rayzn

Rayzn Registered Member

The new game Crack Down is going to be a Cell Shading game...well, sort of. Hopefully they do it right.