• love it [ ie like ]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hate it [ ie dislike ]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrecked

Registered Member
i myself am a fan of cel shading. but there are a lot of non sayers out there that hate cel shading. if done correctly, it can look beautiful.

what about you guys?

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Agree with the above. If dont right, it is good. An example of poor shadine, Gran Mobile Automobilista (or something like that ). But I think the overall problem with that game was just poor poor controls.

I really enjoyd Wind Waker, but I have a strong feeling I will enjoy the new more realistic Zelda alot more.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I can't say I "hate" it, but I definitely don't love it. I'll take realistic graphics over cel-shading any day.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love it. Windwaker used it and it really worked well. It's a cool concept and for certain types of games it works. However, I would probably hate it in a Star Wars game, or a first person shooter. I think it all depends on individual games that use it. There was a shooter XII or something from UbiSoft that used a variation of it. I never played it though so I can't comment.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I don't hate it... I love it. Just the same way I love realistic graphics. And old graphics. In my eyes, Pong has incredible graphics. They really don't matter.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Andrew said:
There was a shooter XII or something from UbiSoft that used a variation of it. I never played it though so I can't comment.
the game was XIII [ 13 ] and it worked pretty well for it cause they made it seem more like a comic with the sound effect words and the storyboards.

it was an alright game, i think i just played the demo [ for PC ].

That is what they did with the new Ultimate Spiderman, they cell shaded to give it a comic book feel. I haven't played the game, but from what I've seen, it seems very fitting.