Cell Phone Jammer

Discussion in 'Technology' started by leopard22, May 4, 2006.

1. leopard22

leopard22 Registered Member

Now, I know we've all thought about having one of these things around just to shut up that inane hoodlum on the bus from talking to his homies nonstop or to get a driver's attention back on the road, but I didn't realize they actually existed.

Here's a link to an honest-to-goodness cell phone jammer:

http://www.autothing.com/funthings/Tech%20Reviews/Cell%20Phone%20Jammer%20Review.htm

Unfortunately, it looks like it's only for sale in the UK and it's quite possibly illegal in the US, but it would be a nice thing to have around :D

2. Albey

Albey Registered Member

Remarkibly those work very wel..

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I didn't know these existed. Very nice find.

I'd probably never buy one, but I can think of a lot of fun things to do with it if I had one. :)

4. leopard22

leopard22 Registered Member

Some people I play golf with want one really bad now. They are always complaining about people on their cells when they're playing golf (what up wit dat? is what I say ... I got enough trouble listening to myself talk when I'm setting up a shot), so I sent them the link and I think one of them is going to order one.

I did warn them that they might not want to disconnect someone when they're driving - that might cause an accident right there as the driver tries to figure out how he got disconnected - but stationary objects would be cool to be able to knock off the line.

5. Albey

Albey Registered Member

The hell with them when they are driving, lol it's their fault any way. Buy a car kit. ;)

6. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

I don't think it is good idea, to use a cell phone jammer on people talking on their cell phones while driving. I do occasionally, on my way to work, to let the manager know that I am on my way. Also a cell phone is a handy tool to use, to contact the police in case of a drunk driver, or a driver who hasn't gotten enough sleep and can't seem to stay on the road.

It would probably be good to use while you are getting ready to swing at a golf ball and don't want to be disturbed by someone talking on the phone, but they should not be on all the time. If someone needed to make a call and someone was using a cell phone jammer, that someone would not be able to call for help.

For short durations, I see nothing wrong with using a cell phone jammer, but not for extended periods of time.