Cell Phone Calls In the Bathroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you take cell phone calls when you are in the bathroom? I can't stand when people do this. The worst is when you are a few minutes into a conversation and then you hear a flush sound.

:urp:

I don't do this and it annoys me when other people do it. Especially in public restrooms. You will be sitting in a stall and hear the person next to you say "Hey how's it going?"

Ummm... shut up? :lol:

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

The idea of this seriously disturbs me. Bathroom time is bathroom time...not talking on phone time. My mum is a great one for talking on the loo, I cringe every time she comes out of the bathroom with the phone on her ear.

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I hate it when people do that in public bathrooms. It happens where I work all the time.

I do it at home sometimes, but only when I'm talking to my mom and sister. They're long winded, and I drink a lot of water.

4. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I am guilty of this but before I flush, I tell them to hang on cause I got a call coming in and put it on mute and then flush. :nod:

also do it on a no. 2. cause you don't want them to hear the toliet splash. :urp:

5. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Well, I've never had it happen. Thank goodness. (By that I mean I've never had anybody call me at that time, nor have I had somebody talk to me on the phone while they were doing it.)

But yeah, you know me, I would NEVER answer it while using the bathroom. I do text, though. (but I think that's normal.)

I tell everybody to text me. The only people that call me are my parents really. And I guess I've just never had them call me at that point.

That would just be incredibly awkward, I don't know how people can do it.

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

>.>

<.<

I do this with certain people because I feel comfortable with them. It's something we have to do, you know? But the amount of people I do it with is very few

Jeanie likes this.
  7. Stegosaurus

Stegosaurus Registered Member

Someone very close to me does this ALL the time. In fact, I think that she purposefully waits until she has to relieve herself in order to call me--like it is her "free time" to make a phone call. I really do not care--I think it is cute in a weird way that someone can feel that comfortable with you. To me, it is like someone sneezing in the middle of a conversation--natural body function that is just impossible to stop even when we want to put on the facade of civilization.:lol:

8. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Oh, in that case, you might as well be present while having the conversation :lol: Don't you agree?

I personally tend to avoid answering the phone while I'm busy, but if I'm waiting for an important call I'll answer just to say I'll call back

9. Stegosaurus

Stegosaurus Registered Member

Sorry, I meant, "between close relations." I certainly would not answer a job interviewer's phone call on the pot. lawl

10. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I answer my phone while on the can all the time. I rarely get phone calls. Any that I get are important enough to answer despite being on the can. If I'm taking a piss I don't answer though cause I have no free hands. One hand to keep the pants from dropping and another to...well you know lol. I definitely text tons while letting the big brown worms swim free.