TV Celebrity Roasts

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've only started to watch these a few months ago, didn't really know they excisted before. None the less, I was extremely happy to find these roasts, they make me laugh so hard. Anyone else enjoy these?

Here are some of my favorites:

YouTube - Bob Newhart Roasts Don Rickles on the Dean Martin Celebrity Roast!!

YouTube - Don Rickles Gets Revenge at his Dean Martin Roast - part 1 of 2!!

YouTube - Don Rickles Gets Revenge at his Dean Martin Roast - part 2 of 2!!

YouTube - Don Rickles on Dean Martin Roasts : Bob Hope

There's more, but I'll leave you to these for now.

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I like the classic roasts, where it's more or less important or influential people getting roasted by other important or influential people. I like it when you can tell the roaster and roastee are both friends and have mutual respect for eachother. It really adds alot to it. Those clips you posted were perfect examples of how it should be done.

That's also why I pretty much hate the Comedy Central Roasts as of late. They are pretty much just picking roastees that are easy targets (Pam Anderson, David Hasselhoff, Larry the Cable Guy, Joan Rivers) and then filling the line up half full of other easy targets, like having Hulk Hogan as a roaster for the Hasselhoff roast.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Don Rickles is amazing at roasting people, he's quick on his feet, and he's the best I've seen. His roast on Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope and Sammy Davis Jr. are simply hilarious, and like you said they are well done, and the respect is there between each other.

4. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

I agree with Vincent.

I have not seen many roasts, but my favourite is definitely Bob Saget. His BFF and fellow Full Houser lead the roast, John Stamos. It was a perfect show, IMHO.

5. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

My favorite part of that roast was the fact that everyone was trying to be really raunchy and dirty since Saget is notorious for the same, and Norm MacDonald gets up there and proceeded to purposefully bomb by telling corny G-Rated jokes. It was so brilliantly terrible and it solidified him as one of my absolute favorite comedians.

6. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Lol. I know exactly what you mean, I love Norm. He's not always that funny, but it's in the way he handles everything. How he carries himself that I really like. If you don't understand it, it's hard to see the humour.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I've watched almost all of the ones on Comedy Central. I prefer the newer ones, because I know who they are, I care who they are and the jokes are funnier to me because of that. Sure, the people being roasted aren't always the greatest but I still find them entertaining.

But sadly they just won't be the same anymore...

8. twilitezone911

twilitezone911 Registered Member

i was in my teens, i love watching dean martin's celebrate roasts. it was a series on friday nights! it was funniest thing to watch, i laughed at every show, i laugh so hard that i was crying. these celebrate roasts are very raunchy, i have to admit they are funny, but not like the old days !