• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Celebrity Parent Swap

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
If you could have a pair of celebrities as your 'mum and dad' --- who would you pick to be in that role?

Would it be on the basis that it would be cool to have them as a parent? Perhaps they just exude coolness, in the celebrity world.
Or perhaps someone you reckon would be like, real good caring parents and that, regardless of the fame and whatnot...
What do you reckon?

This meant, picking a pair of celebrities that you would like to have as your parents.

Although, please read post #2 by Elly - She answered in regards to what she would do/think if her parents became famous - I think this is a cracking point -- and so, please answer that question too, if you so wish... And have a nice day :)

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I wouldn't mind having famous parents as long as they didn't change anything about them because of fame or as long as their fame didn't affect them negatively.
It wouldn't matter who of them could be famous. Either, It wouldn't matter to me.

There are a few advantages of having famous parents. Being identified as their daughter could make it easier for me to achieve some of my goals.
But it also has the disadvantage of being under their shadow. I'd rather have people know me for me than know me as the daughter of his and hers.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I wouldn't mind having famous parents as long as they didn't change anything about them because of fame or as long as their fame didn't affect them negatively.
It wouldn't matter who of them could be famous. Either, It wouldn't matter to me.

There are a few advantages of having famous parents. Being identified as their daughter could make it easier for me to achieve some of my goals.
But it also has the disadvantage of being under their shadow. I'd rather have people know me for me than know me as the daughter of his and hers.
a lot of my threads get misread - but this is the coolest way yet.
I never considered the idea of what you'd do if your own parents became famous - I suppose that can go as another question in the thread -- cool stuff. *updates OP*

Nonetheless, I was actually just asking for the sake of it, which currently famous people you would like to have as parents. Which celebrity people do you think you'd like to have as parents?

e.g.
Not that I would wanna change my father, but if for a brief spell I had chance to trade in, then:
I'd be psyched is someone like Brian Blessed or whoever was my Dad, some loud mouthed Viking look-a-like. Not only would I laugh a lot at the presence of a beard, but he seems interesting and cultured too, deceptively so. It'd be awesome. -- Like that. ---

But I like your points Elly. Nice stuff :D

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Well, as for mom, I wouldn't want to have anyone else instead of her.
As for my dad, there are a few men in real life I wish had married my mom :lol: [but they are not famous].

But I can't think of any famous man I'd want to have as a dad.

Dabs

Registered Member
I might spoil the fun here, but I wouldn't want to choose any other person, famous or not, to be my Mother. I am very happy and feel blessed, to have had the wonderful Mother I have/had. As a Dad tho, even tho I do love him, but he was such a meanass to me *sigh*, I have often wondered what it would be like to have somebody who was "nice" to be my Dad. Funny as this may sound, I always wondered what it would be like to have Ronald Reagan as my Dad. I say that mostly because Reagan reminded me of my Dad, in looks and age-wise. And I'm quite sure Reagan would have been a nicer Dad than the one I had. I feel sorta terrible for saying this too, for 3 years ago today, is the day my Dad died.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I would want Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon as celebrity parents. Too bad they broke up in 2009. They're such good actors, good looking, knowledgeable in music and socially aware (activism). I like to be well rounded like that so I think it's cool to be exposed to such from a young age. And I'd be proud to tell my dad "your movie is my favorite movie of all time". :lol:

I wouldn't pick celebrities famous for their wealth just because I don't want to be targetted by kidnappers or social climbers or those who want to marry the money alone.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I wouldn't swap my parents for the world but I wouldn't mind being related to Jim Carrey. How awesome would he be to have as an uncle? He would be so entertaining and I'd try and drag him along to all parties and family gatherings haha.