• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Celebrating with grown ups?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I'm just coming from my mother's sister birthday celebration. She threw a dinner party in a restaurant and most of the people there were grown ups [I mean older than me, around 40s-50s].
Personally, I can cope with any age-group and I don't get bored or anything.

How about you? When you're in an environment full of people who are way younger/older than you, do you leave or stay 'til the end? Do you mind it?
Do you really need to have around someone of your age in order to enjoy the evening or whatever it could be. ?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm just as comfortable with kids as I am senior citizens. I just have to adjust how I act around kids.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah, I can be fine with the very young as with the very old. I guess it depends more on my mood for that day, on how long I'm going to stay.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
being one of the "grown ups" you're referring to, I'd have to say it depends on who the younger people are. My relatives, I don't mind at all. If it were a bunch of you guys, that would be awesome. If it were people I didn't know very well, I might not be completely comfortable.

Wade8813

Registered Member
My reaction is similar to Jeanie's - a lot of it depends on how well I know them. Of course, if I don't know 'em at all, I'll feel a bit uncomfortable even if they're my age.

Even if I do know them, I'd feel a little uncomfortable if they're ALL much older than me/much younger than me, unless I was in a different role (for instance, if I were taking care of kids, of course I'd be older).

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
I like them. They usually don't do stupid things so it makes them cool in my opinion.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm very comfortable in that sort of environment. If anything I'd have a better time celebrating something with people older than me than I would with people younger. I like people that want to have fun and aren't trying to get as shit FACED as possible.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It really depends on whether I know the people or not. Age isn't as big of a factor. At my sister's wedding I spent a lot of time talking to my parents' friends and had a great time. If I'm at a wedding or other big event where I don't know more than a few people, I get a bit uncomfortable.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm very comfortable in that sort of environment. If anything I'd have a better time celebrating something with people older than me than I would with people younger. I like people that want to have fun and aren't trying to get as shit FACED as possible.
So you wouldn't like to hang out with me and my friends, good to know ;)

I'm in agreement that it depends on the crowd itself. Sometimes I can have a real good time with an older crowd and at other times not so much. A lot of them can be rather boring and just sit there and do nothing. If they like to have a good time just like I do then I'm all for it. I've hung out with a few other people and they were a blast, since they loosen up and just went with the flow.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Honestly, BR? No. I think your idea of a good time and mine are completely different. I would definitely love to meet you for a GF meetup but I can imagine I wouldn't like your friends lol. I know you go out on the pull a lot which I hate. I know you ALWAYS get drunk when you go out and I know you probably don't call it a night unless you've got some girl's phone number.

Of course I know I am judging you right now but I don't mean to come across as harsh. Basically where I live there are so many sluts that go out every weekend looking for sex. They don't even remember the person's name the next morning and most of the time they never see them again. I get the impression that you've had quite a lot of one night stands and that's just not the environment for me.