CC Sabathia to wear the pinstripes

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Ryuk, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Sabathia to accept Yankees' offer | yankees.com: News

And so in the immortal words of the Ghetto Boyz, Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

God I can't wait to see him fail. Granted I can't see him becoming another Barry Zito, but this is still waaaaayy too much money. We'll see if he gets the Yankees anywhere near the prowess they used to have.

3. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes and it begins! I'm just gonna sit back, relax and enjoy all the haterade remarks because I know they're coming.

4. Merc

Umm . . . what? Please tell me you didn't use "haterade". That's for wiggers (chavs to the Brits out there).

All I'm saying is that the Yankees don't have the right idea these days. I mean, look at the last times they won. They won with nobodies. Guys like Posada (before his prime), Paul O'Neil, Scott Brosius, Chuck Knoblauch, Tino Martinez, guys who didn't cost a million dollars per strikeout. I think it's why a lot of people are getting bored with the Yanks. They throw around their money and pay ridiculous amounts to single players rather than building their teams up. Their farm system has been barren for years because they sign away all their prospects.

Signing CC will make an impact no doubt, but that's almost half their payroll for one player! The Yanks have great players, I'm not saying otherwise, but they need more than one standout pitcher to be contenders again.

5. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

The Yankees can do whatever they want too apparently. Sheets and Lowe might sign there as well.

Sabathia
    Sheets
    Wang
    Lowe
    Chamberlin

Fuck that shit

6. Merc

Lowe would not bother me. That guy faded away quicker than Rosie O'Donnell's TV show. He's sub-par in my book. It took a while as a Red Sox player for him to truly flourish and even then he couldn't remain consistent.

7. Millz

I agree...he's also what, 35 years old? They can have him for as I'm concerned.

8. Merc

I'd be more worried if they got Sheets as well. But to be honest, I always see these big contracts as curses. So many players have fallen under the radar after getting big deals and I don't think Sabathia will fall victim to it, but it wouldn't be surprising if he does.

9. Millz

Signing Sabathia isn't like them adding a Vazquez or a Pavano; he's legit for sure. I think overall you're right though...it is a curse. Considering it hasnt worked for those assclowns since 2000 and I hope it continues into the future. Sheets is a good player and it'll cost them a 2nd round pick to sign...which is worth it if you ask me but he's a health concern as well.

10. Merc

Yeah that's I what forgot to say. Sheets has the arm but he has to be built out of Legos or something with the injuries he gets. After the Pavano disaster, I don't know why they'd pursue someone with known tendencies for injury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.