• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

CBS Political Director calls for Obama to destroy the Republican Party

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
CBS Political Director John Dickerson Calls on Obama to 'Declare War on the Republican Party' | NewsBusters

Things like this make me sick. Our media is supposed to be unbiased. The reason we have the First Amendment's Freedom of the Press is because the press is supposed to be the citizen's watchdog. Here we have the CBS News Political Director urging Obama to destroy the Republican Party, to "go for the throat". Not urging him to stop spending, not urging him to have the Senate pass a budget, not urging him to get Americans off the dole and encourage REAL job creation, not having Congress pass meaningful legislation that will actually prevent gun violence, none of that, actually urging him to deligitimize his opponents. I mean, let's not debate what the right course is, right John? Let's just cement your legacy by destroying your political opponents.

This isn't surprising coming from a political hack with an IQ of 12 like John Dickerson. What is bothersome is someone like this having so much control over the media. Then again, it's CBS, who the hell watches CBS anymore anyway?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know what you mean, some of them like this place, CBS and Fox is so bad about this you know the news is very biased. Really wish they all would stick to telling the facts. Some people read opinion pieces and think its news when it just someones opinion of the news or of an opinion. That's the reason I don't just look at one source. Even though some of these news stories anymore are copy and paste, exact same story everywhere.

I would hardly say the Plame-Wilson affair was nothing.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have to disagree with you on Fox News. First off Fox News is cable, not network. Secondly while most of their opinion shows lean right, O'Reilly, Hannity, their news shows don't, ie Shepard Smith. Thirdly during the Bush administration Fox News didn't call for the destruction of the Democratic Party. Fourthly, Fox News just hired Dennis Kucinich as a contributor which I like, the more divergent the opinions are the easier it is for the viewer to decide who is right.

I do think the Plame-Wilson thing was nothing, it was people like Dickerson making a big deal out of nothing. The thing that bothers me here is the Political Director of a network news source shows WAY too much bias. I don't care that he leans left, what I care about is he is obviously unable to show any impartiality. Neither does Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity is a talk show host and isn't the political director of a network news source. He does not influence what Fox News reports, only what HE talks about on his show.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
The bias of whatever channel or station or host is always up for debate. I'm sure both parties have people who wouldn't mind seeing the other side gone. it's just the way it is. This guy was just dumb enough to say it out loud.

The last thing we need is another "war" (drugs, guns, religion, Christmas).

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not so sure about that. I'm a conservative, NOT a Republican. Most of the issues that I care about, Constitutional restraint, small government, bigger states rights, the free market, few but important regulations, low taxes, low government spending, means I'm voting for the Republican candidate. BUT I don't want the Democratic Party destroyed. While we can never get rid of corruption having at least two parties is a check on some corruption. It also gives a dissenting voice on different issues and dissent is very very good. One party means tyranny. Dickerson is too stupid to understand that. I have to believe most people understand that.
------
I should change USUALLY vote for the Republican candidate, not always vote for the Republican candidate.

Last edited:

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I have to believe that he meant conservatives as well. I forget to make the distinction between republicans and conservatives a lot of the times, so I doubt he wouldn't either.

Some people just don't like hearing differing opinions.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree he doesn't like hearing other people's opinions but I think it goes deeper than that. First off he is a news director and obviously he cannot even fake being impartial. Secondly I think besides not wanting to hear other people's opinions he's too much of an idiot to consider other people's opinions. He's incapable of listening to an opposing view and considering the validity of it. Thirdly, this kind of vitriol has to stop and I WISH when something like this happens Obama would take the time to lecture HIM on civility, but I'm not about to hold my breath. Lastly, I think this is indicative of the press' thinking these days and is more evidence of their bias. CBS isn't about to fire this mindless hack but if the tables were turned there would be calls for a termination.