Cavspurs923 -- Still awaiting activation

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by TheSportsGuy, Dec 7, 2006.

1. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

I recruited a good friend of mine, Cavspurs923, yesterday, and he has yet been able to confirm his joining of the forum. He was told by one of the staff yesterday that they would activate his account as soon as possible, but that has yet been done.

He cannot access his email because he never got a confirmation letter; I decided that I'd post this to reach out to a staff member to resolve this small problem.

Thanks,
    TSG

EDIT: My apologies that this probably doesn't belong here. Move over to the Forum Support section if necessary.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Even our staff members are always busy.

They have lives

3. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

I know exactly how that is, but I'm sure going to the Admin control page, and activating his account doesn't take longer than one minute. Of course I wouldn't really know since it's been 4 years since I've actually owned a VBulletin forum, but of course on other forums where you need to activate a member's account manually. At the most it took 55-60 seconds. (That part was the edit in my post) One thing that I'm wondering about is how he actually didn't even get an email confirmation. Very strange.

Thanks for replying anyway.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am sorry Sportsguy. I accessed the admin page the other day and it wouldn't let me do anything because I don't have full admin powers. I private messaged and Instant Message Blur a few times about it but he hasn't had the chance to see it or hasn't had the time to do it. We have a few cases like this here and there, especially when they use an AOL or Yahoo e-mail which your friend did. Once again I am terribly sorry and as soon as I get in contact with Blur or Drky i'll let him know.

5. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

It's cool, VC. I just wanted to hear an update about it, just to hear a confirmation that something was being done. Thanks.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Something is definitly getting done because we obviously want our new members to start posting as soon as possible. I just don't understand why it would take more then one hour to get an activation e-mail. I'll talk to the top admin about this whole situation when I get the chance to talk with him. He's been really busy lately.