Cavs NEED a freaking PG! (maybe Penny Hardaway?)

M

mlh1981

Snow simply isn't cutting it! He was washed up 5 years ago! This might sound crazy, but I think the Cavs should maybe try to sign Penny Hardaway. He couldn't be any worse. From everything I've heard, he's ready to go and in great health. What do you guys think about this?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that Hardaway can be a good player coming off the bench but I don't think that he can be a starting point guard right now.

But I do agree with you that Snow ain't cutting it and they need someone else. I say they try to acquire Miller, he's a true point guard he's averaging 9.1 apg, and he would be the missing puzzle for the Cavs. But it looks like the 76ers wants to keep him.

C

Cowboy Up

I'd say get Andre Miller again. Hardaway would be a terrible pickup.

Miller is the type of guy who can distribute the ball to Hughes and LeBron and improve the team. I like Snow coming off the bench but he really has no business starting on a title contender.

C

Celtic Fan

who would they have to give up to get Andre?
they probably don't have the players the 76ers are looking for.

if snow is washed up, then Penny has been hung out to dry.
still way to frail, you can't count on him for more than 20 games.
they'd be better with an AND1 player at point than Penny.. and that's not a compliment.
they'll have to be calm and kool and hope someone panics on a trade and takes a lowball offer.
seriously, who would you want from their team?
Gooden? that's about it IMO.
not sure what happened to Larry Hughes, I hope he gets it back together but right now he'd be a huge gamble to pay that kind of salary and aquire.
big Z could be a good fit for the right team, but he's gotta stay healthy.
It's funny, Cavs have a pretty good record, but hardly anyone trusts them to make it past the 2nd round.
they'd better make a move before the trading deadline..

zunami

Registered Member
Jason Williams. Proven capable of playing alongside a superstar wing. Can play half-court and frenzy tempo.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jason Williams would be a good pick up for the Cavs, but I am not sure he'd be the right Point Guard for LeBron James. I know he's playing with Dwyane Wade right now, but unlike D-Wade LeBron likes to have control of the ball 75% of the time, and I doubt with Jason Williams that ill happen.

zunami

Registered Member
I don't think Jason Williams would handle the ball too much to frustrate Lebron. It's somewhat of a risk yes, but I still think Posey(6.4 M expiring contract)/Williams for Hughes/Jones would be a good deal for both teams.