• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cavs begin growth as playoff team

S

scottmcgrady

CLEVELAND - On this night, the Cavaliers began to grow up as a playoff basketball team.

That's why LeBron James walked off the court, two arms raised above his head, the winning layup dropping through the net.

Cavaliers 121, Washington 120.

Overtime victory!!!

Fans chanting M-V-P, M-V-P.

Certainly he played like that, especially in final 3.6 seconds in overtime. James took the ball, took the pressure and took the Cavaliers in his huge hands and with three long strides, he then lifted off and soared to the rim.

Three Washington defenders couldn't -- or wouldn't -- foul him or block his shot. This was one of his scowling, muscle-bulging drives in which the 6-foot-8, 242-pound James served notice that he was not about to be stopped.

And he wasn't, soaring past two Washington defenders, then softly dropping the ball through the net.

``I didn't want to catch the ball and fire up a jumper,'' he said.

That's excellent thinking because few players go to the rim with the physical strength and pure skill of James. That's why he led the NBA in ``and-one's,'' meaning he makes a shot for two points, draws a foul, then connects on the free throw.

But the stunned Wizards didn't even foul James, they just watched him fly away. Give him a playoff-high 45 points for the night, and he needed only 23 field-goal attempts to do it. Once again, there were feelings of sheer delight, utter amazement, and shock to think he's still only 21 years old.
Read it all here
I myself am a Cleveland fan although they aren't my favourite team. I would love to see them go to the 2nd round and i think that they have a strong chance. What do you guys think after reading this article?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It just makes me shake my head, seeing how good he really is, the guy is a monster, even though I wanted the Wizard to win the kid still put on a great show, and he had 45 points which is simply amazing. The Cavaliers as a team are playing really well everyone is contributing which makes it harder on the Wizards especially that the Wizards are letting Eric Snow wide open because of LeBron and he's sinking is shots which is a huge plus. But I still think this game is going to a game 7 where the Wizard are going to win.

F

fatboy

a good article, well written. good thing the cavs are playing the wizards or that article wouldn't have been written. it would have more likely said cavs loose first round series in the NBA playoffs

S

scottmcgrady

Vince Carter said:
It just makes me shake my head, seeing how good he really is, the guy is a monster, even though I wanted the Wizard to win the kid still put on a great show, and he had 45 points which is simply amazing. The Cavaliers as a team are playing really well everyone is contributing which makes it harder on the Wizards especially that the Wizards are letting Eric Snow wide open because of LeBron and he's sinking is shots which is a huge plus. But I still think this game is going to a game 7 where the Wizard are going to win.
I agree with what you are saying and that is that I think that the series will go into 7 games and it would make it all the better if it did because we will be able to see 2 future players who will have more of an impact later than now (Gilbert Arenas and LeBron James). I hope that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win it because this has been their best year in a while and LeBron has done so much to the team it would be a shame to see it all go after the first round.