• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cavaliers win the nba draft lottery

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cavaliers win the NBA Draft Lottery, Raptors will select fifth

For some reason I'm not really surprised that they won the lottery. Not trying to start a conspiracy here or anything but the Cavaliers have two of the top four picks in this upcoming draft. Just seems a bit suspicious to me. I know there insn'y a LeBron James type of player in this draft, but there's a couple of studs that have a chance to turn into real good players.

Unfortunately the Raptors got fifth pick, I wanted top three but that wasn't the case. I do wonder who they're going to go for. Early rumors are Brandon Knight.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm not suspicious of this at all.

The Cavs traded for a first round pick, and happened to get the 1st overall as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Now the bigger discussion is who the Cavs will take at No. 1... I'm thinking Kyrie Irving, the PG from Duke. However, Derrick Williams from 'Zona is an option.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally believe it was rigged, but that's just me. It's been rigged forever. Anyway, that's beside the topic.

I think they'll go with Irving, but Williams believes he should be the number one, pick. He came out and straight up said it. Both are talented players, and will be a great addition to any team. I think Williams has a chance to be a Blake Griffin type of player.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I personally believe it was rigged, but that's just me. It's been rigged forever. Anyway, that's beside the topic.

I think they'll go with Irving, but Williams believes he should be the number one, pick. He came out and straight up said it. Both are talented players, and will be a great addition to any team. I think Williams has a chance to be a Blake Griffin type of player.
I agree about Williams. If he doesn't go 1, he will probably go 2 to the T'Wolves.

Bramaca

Registered Member
I would have to agree with the Timberwolves owner (?) who suggested that the NBA seems to come up with good storylines quite frequently. A little too frequently if you ask me. Maybe the Raps should spend some more time developing a good storyline for next year and a little less on the basketball side of things, it just might work out for them.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Biggest question with Williams right now is what position he'll play in the NBA. He said that he can play the three or the four, but he might be a liability defending Power Forwards. The kid is hungry and wants to get better, so whatever position the team that drafts him decide to stick him at I think he'll excel.

BigBob

Registered Member
There was an interview where he said that he wanted to play shooting guard, but I see any team drafting him wanting him to play small forward.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no way he could play shooting guard in the NBA. He would get murdered on defense. He'd be in foul trouble early on, and be spending most of his time on the bench.