Caution: Do not put genitals in blender!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Mirage, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you hate how people are so sue-happy these days that common sense can no longer be assumed by companies?

Caution: Eating this burger might cause a heart attack later in life.

It's getting to the point where we'll see stuff like that.

"Hello sir, please sign this waver and we'll have your burger to you right away!"

Or when you see a car commercial where the car is driving under water.

"Computerized image. Do not attempt to drive your car under water."

Or even the "Do not try this at home" warning that's become so popular on TV shows. People see somebody duct tape themselves inside a garbage can with a note saying "trash this can" and wait for the garbage truck to come and let the guy toss the entire can in the truck. Oh, and in case you were wondering, don't try that at home! :shocked:

Seriously. Somebody sticks their finger in a a pencil sharpener and then is able to sue and WIN because the pencil sharpener concept alone wasn't enough of a warning against such idiocy?

Caution: Do not stick neck ties in this fax machine! :sick:

And last but not least...

CAUTION! DO NOT REACH YOUR HAND INTO A GARBAGE DISPOSAL! (You know, that thing that chops chunks of food to smithereens? Yeah, don't stick your hand in that, in case you didn't realize already..)

/rant

Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

This stuff has always annoyed the crap out of me. Companies should not have to put warnings and disclaimers on all of their products and advertisements. TV shows should not have to say "Don't try this at home." People should be held liable for their own actions. Most of these things are just common sense.

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I agree. This is getting way out of hand. Common sense, for some reason, doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Yesterday me and my friend went to a cafe and on the butter portion it said "Allergy advice: Contains Milk" I mean wtf? I know you can get "dairy free" butter, but can't we just assume that the portion of butter has milk in it?

4. Major

Yeah, that is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I've even seen "Caution: May contain peanuts" on packages of peanuts. Yeah, peanut allergies are serious, but come on. If people are that dumb, we're better off without them.

pro2A likes this.
  5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

They should have some kind of common sense law or something. If you sue for something stupid and you don't have a high school diploma, then you can't sue. They should also look into their financial background. Maybe they are in debt and need money to pay it off and do stupid things to sue.

6. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I don't think there should be warning labels. It would be a sure fire way to shallow out the gene pool. Darwinism at it's best :lol:

Major likes this.
  7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

There was a guy who lost a few fingers when he turned his lawn mower upside down and pulled a rock out. The rock was jammed, and you can imagine there would be a lot of momentum when it was unjammed.

Well, this guy had trouble thinking that through and he thought it was the lawn mower manufacturer's fault for not giving him the heads up.

He sued and won too. :shake:

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

warning: use with common sense

One time they wanted to ban a baby product because a baby fell off from it so it's not safe. Sounds normal, right? Until you hear that the parents put the chair on top of their table and left the baby there. It's not even a chair you can strap the baby on. So baby got off the chair and fell off the table.

9. Major

The funny thing is, he probably would have never even seen the warning and would have tried to sue anyway.

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I had a new OVEN installed a few weeks ago, first page of the manual;
    "Caution; Appliance may get hot"

========================

Another story of stupidity; a factory worker who was working on a metal shearing machine(big pair of scissors;)), the machine suddenly stopped and for some unknown reason(stupidity) he put his finger into the hole you feed the metal rods into......yep...he lost his finger:shake:.

BUT
    ........thats not the stupid part, after he recovered from his injury an accident tribunal took place. #The insurance people, the health & safety inspectors etc.... took the guy to the machine and I asked him how the accident happened, so he demonstarated;
    "I put my finger in the machine like this.......:sick:."

...needless to say he is now missing two fingers.