Caught Red-handed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RJ-Cool, May 21, 2010.

1. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Red Handed: Doing something reprehensible or showing clear evidence of having done something reprehensible.For short, I like to say - caught in the act.

A friend of mine once told his girlfriend that he stopped smoking only to be busted about a week later when she decided to pay him a surprise visit and caught him 'huffing and puffing' on a 'big ganja splif' in his backyard. " Guilty as charged!" What else could he have said? He was caught with his hand in the 'cookie jar'. He was caught 'red-handed'.
    Have you ever been caught 'in the act' or did this happen to someone you know? Have you ever caught someone red-handed? If so, what happened?

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Oh my god, I got busted so royally once when I was about twelve that I never forgot it. At that age I was an unruly turd with an unhealthy curiosity for dangerous things like, for example, razor blades. I also wasn't above stealing something small that I wanted at that age, either, even from someone I knew.

Enter my sister's husband (RIP) and his basement wood shop with a 5-pack of utility knife blades on the wall. "Mine!" said dishonest I, and I snaked them into my pants pocket with hardly a conscious thought.

Later that night a bunch of us piled into a car for a stoned mobile fireworks session that was just a blast and a half. Toward the end of it my brother-in-law turned to me and said, "Here, Ian. Why don't you see if there are any fireworks let in the bag?" He handed me back a paper grocery sack and I reached in to find one item inside: the fucking card of blades I had stolen from him earlier in the evening. They must have fallen from my pocket and he decided to teach me something useful that I'd remember always.

"Did you find anything?" he grinned over his shoulder.

"Yeah," I gulped, waves of cold shame pulsing through me. "I did."

For the next agonizing minute or so, everybody in the car was stone silent. They had all been in on the sting from the get-go and now they would let me burn in the hot water I had so unwittingly brewed for myself.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Those are awkward moments.

I've had "almost" got caught moments, including being caught in the "act" :mischievous:. When it's "almost" you can still find time to laugh about it. The thing is, you don't really learn much from it because you figure you could get away so maybe next time you'll get lucky again.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Nope, as far as I can remember, I'm totally innocent (i.e. don't get caught :D).

There was one time though, several years ago, that I was at my friend's house and she decided we were going to look for her Christmas presents in her parent's wardrobe whilst they were supposedly out of the house. I knew it was a bad idea. You all can guess how that ended.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I've never done anything where I could be 'caught in the act' other than what ysabel said. It's come close but never happened lol.

6. Th3Pr3Tz3l

Th3Pr3Tz3l Registered Member

Hrm. I haven't been caught in the act of doing something wrong or something I shoudln't have been doing. But I have been caught in the act of doing things that are tremendously embarassing......especially considering who it was who caught me...

ANYWAYS, you don't get know about that xD

7. MiloIsYum

MiloIsYum Registered Member

Haha, don't ever have that attitude about the "act". You WILL get caught one day. Coming from somebody who had the same attitude and then DID get caught. :nod: Haha.

I had one almost moment that's memorable, which is basically just me as a 15 year old, hanging out with a bunch of idiots and being an idiot myself. We were all underage and drinking at the beach or whatever, and the bunch of idiots I was with decided the appropriate thing to do when illegally drinking is attract the police by starting fights and breaking windows. Resulted in me being yelled at to run, and in a panic, I did just that, but the police caught up with us in the end. The only reason I didn't get caught red handed drinking was because out of the 15 odd of us that were there, I was the only one smart enough to dump my bag. Lesson learnt.