Cats and dogs

Discussion in 'Pets' started by pro2A, Feb 23, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Do you think your pets feel the same way about you that you do about them? Can they get attached to you, just like you do to them? An example is whenever I get home my cats greet me at the door. They'll follow me into the living room and lay on the sofa next to me. Or when ever its bed time, ill call for them to come to bed and they'll hop up and trot into the room with me. My one cat is always within sight, or at my feet. Is this a sign of attachment?

AngelsPeak likes this.

2. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Well my dog never listens to me when I call her for something but when if the family or me is in trouble you'll know if the dog cares about you :D

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't know about cats since I've never had one, but I'm pretty sure dogs feel the same way about us as we do about them.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'd like to think they do, BUT, I'm pretty sure they've just figured out to pay extra attention to the people who feed them. Dogs at least seem to enjoy human company though even when there is no food offered.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

So basically you think animals are incapable of having emotions?

6. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Pavlov's Dog.

I agree with hybrix, they want something when they appear to "love" you.
    ------
    Fun game explaining pavlov's dog

Pavlov's Dog

I lul'd

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  7. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

Cats rule and dogs drool. :tt2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think they can have emotions but I don't think that they can have the same emotions. "Love" for a dog is probably not the same as it is for a human.

Although in some circumstances it can be similar. For example I've heard of dogs that get killed trying to fight off bears and other animals in what seems to be an attempt to protect their owner.

Or dogs that wake everybody up when the house is on fire. A dog that only cared for him/herself would probably just get out of there.

I was simply saying that when your dog is excited to see you it could just be that they are excited for a treat or some food. I don't think that's always the case though as the examples I gave above should show.

9. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

My dog always glomps me when I get home :D, Even when I have no food around me

10. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

You dont need to have food on you, he associates your presence with food.

Whats a "glomp"?