• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cats and dogs

Malificus

Likes snow
Which makes a better pet? What situation calls for which pet?

I say cat's make better pets because they're more self sufficient, while a dog is more loyal. The big dogs generally make better pets for families with little kids, Cats are best for families with teens, or people who just moved out of the house. Small dogs are generally for the odler people who either don't have kids, or whose kids have moved out. And big dogs are for the older people who live on farms, same for cats, and any other animal they want, farms can suport a lot of animals.

D

dbzwarrior4ever

Malificus said:
Which makes a better pet? What situation calls for which pet?

I say cat's make better pets because they're more self sufficient, while a dog is more loyal. The big dogs generally make better pets for families with little kids, Cats are best for families with teens, or people who just moved out of the house. Small dogs are generally for the odler people who either don't have kids, or whose kids have moved out. And big dogs are for the older people who live on farms, same for cats, and any other animal they want, farms can suport a lot of animals.
well i say birds are better mostly because im allergic to pet hair, lol

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Cats can actually be rather loyal as well, my cat Tiger would always come if you called him, would always comfort you if your sad, etc. My chocolate lab Gabriel does the exact same thing though, but I wouldnt say cats are not loyal. Dogs can learn more commands though, then cats.

Malificus

Likes snow
I just said dogs are more loyal a (like in general). I know cats can be loyal.

L

lilbballfrk

better pets.. i would say cats. but as in what i prefer, i would pick dogs. i like pets that are active and for me to actually play with. anyone can be loyal, and it doesnt matter what breed/race or whatever they are. either you choose to be loyal or you dont.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Cats can be active as well.

Malificus

Likes snow
And dogs can be lazy.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Yeah, it tends to work both ways on that, not every pet you get will be the perfect pet anyway.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Well I have a dog and a cat. But I like dogs better even though my cat doesn't annoy me like most cats. But I like both but for different reasons.

Malificus

Likes snow
I like cats more mainly because of my taste in dogs, I usually prefer the big playful dogs, but they're too big for my taste in pets, and most small dogs I've seen are either too excited all the time, stink, or both. I don't remember ever seeing a lazy small dog.

Cats are more my thing, they play with you, they're affectionate, but they aren't overwhelmingly big, and are generally cute enough to make up for when they're too playful. So basically, my favorite pets are usually the cute ones like huskies, or (most) cats.

There are exceptions of course (Except for the little dogs, I've never seen one that wasn't either annoying or stinky), but cats usually win for me.

I know cats are usually loyal too, but I couldn't think of the word "obedient" at the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thealigator Pets 2
Hilander Pets 5
EllyDicious Offbeat News 7
L Pets 33
pro2A Pets 15