• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Catching Foul Balls?

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
Have you ever went to a game and caught a foul ball or was close enough but
just didn't make it?

If you had this happen what 2 teams played it? What was the players name that hit it?
Did your team win that game?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never caught one but had some close calls before.

I remember as a kid seeing a ball go just over my head....when you're that young, its kinda scary. Those balls are flying really fast.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I haven't been to a baseball game in years. I've never caught a foul ball or even had a chance to catch one, but there have been some balls hit into my vicinity. Like Millz said, the balls come at you so fast it kind of gets your adrenaline pumping.

We had a former member here at GF who caught several foul balls (home runs, actually) at A's games. He was even on some highlight reel for SportsCenter or something. It might not have been SportsCenter, but there's definitely a video of him diving for a home run somewhere.

dDave

V.I.P.
I haven't been to a baseball game in years. I've never caught a foul ball or even had a chance to catch one, but there have been some balls hit into my vicinity. Like Millz said, the balls come at you so fast it kind of gets your adrenaline pumping.

We had a former member here at GF who caught several foul balls (home runs, actually) at A's games. He was even on some highlight reel for SportsCenter or something. It might not have been SportsCenter, but there's definitely a video of him diving for a home run somewhere.
Who was that? I don't remember ever hearing about it.

And no, I definitely haven't caught any foul balls. Honestly, I could hardly catch a baseball if someone was throwing it at me on purpose :lol:.

I think if a ball was coming at me that I'd be scared. Those things are small, hard to catch, and could easily dent your face in or break some teeth.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
"There's nobody around you!"

That made me laugh so hard hahaha

That's hilarious.