Catching Colds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by English-Emo-Boy, Dec 12, 2008.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

The winter season is in full foce now and many of us will probably catch a cold or flu over the next couple of months.

How often do you get a cold?

Do you ever get colds in the summer?

How do you treat them?

I've had an on going cold for the past couple of weeks now, I haven't taken anything for it as I generally look to ride through it.

I have had a cold in the summer before, people think I'm mad but they can occur.

Like I said I rarely actually take anything to resolve the cold. If it's flu then I'll stay home and try to get some rest with a hot water.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I usually get them at least twice a year but I've been lucky this time round. It's almost mid-December and I haven't had a cold yet.
    My boyfriend had one a couple of weeks ago that lasted for about two weeks and I thought I'd catch it but luckily I didn't.

I never treat a cold when I get one - I just sweat it out and let it go away on its own.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I hardly ever get colds.

I only get sick when I am really not getting enough sleep for a long period of time regardless of the weather. Knowing me that will likely happen sometime this winter.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I'll get bronchitis in Jan/Feb sometimes otherwise I'll get a summer cold once in a while. If I make sure when I walk in to work that my necks covered as well as when I'm sleeping I'm usually good to go.

5. photosaurusrex

photosaurusrex Registered Member

Now that I've moved into uni, I had a cold twice, freshers 'flu' and something that was harsher than a cold but not quite the flu :S My immune system used to be so good!

I don't cold in the summer...I wouldn't know, I'm too busy with hayfever to notice the extra snifffle!

6. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I don't catch colds easily, but if I do then I have usually take Coricidin D and Zycam cold remedy.

I don't get summer time colds at all but if I should catch one I do the same for it as a winter cold.

7. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

How often do you get a cold? not very often actually i used to go years without being sick..... now'a days its like once every six months or so i get a super bad stomach flu where i puke for a day then im ok. last one being at the metallica concert. ugh

Do you ever get colds in the summer? yeah i got really sick last summer, it lasted 2 weeks and i had an ear infection for over a month..... suckish!

How do you treat them? puke..... sleep.... avoid food at all costs.

8. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm just getting over one now. I usually get one a year. I take Sudafed if I get really congested, otherwise I don't do anything to treat it except rest

9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I'm somewhat proficient at catching them, usually when ones going around it'll evade me for a month until I finally get it.

I don't really treat them. Colds don't really have all that adverse of effects for me.

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I have a cold right now. I hate it 'cuz I have work and I dislike working feeling like crap. I'm cranky, tired, in pain and my nose is running all the time. It's getting pretty red and sore, currently. >.<;

I usually sleep and take medicine to help myself out.