• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Catching Colds

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
The winter season is in full foce now and many of us will probably catch a cold or flu over the next couple of months.

How often do you get a cold?

Do you ever get colds in the summer?

How do you treat them?

I've had an on going cold for the past couple of weeks now, I haven't taken anything for it as I generally look to ride through it.

I have had a cold in the summer before, people think I'm mad but they can occur.

Like I said I rarely actually take anything to resolve the cold. If it's flu then I'll stay home and try to get some rest with a hot water.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I usually get them at least twice a year but I've been lucky this time round. It's almost mid-December and I haven't had a cold yet.
My boyfriend had one a couple of weeks ago that lasted for about two weeks and I thought I'd catch it but luckily I didn't.

I never treat a cold when I get one - I just sweat it out and let it go away on its own.

dDave

V.I.P.
I hardly ever get colds.

I only get sick when I am really not getting enough sleep for a long period of time regardless of the weather. Knowing me that will likely happen sometime this winter.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I'll get bronchitis in Jan/Feb sometimes otherwise I'll get a summer cold once in a while. If I make sure when I walk in to work that my necks covered as well as when I'm sleeping I'm usually good to go.

photosaurusrex

Registered Member
Now that I've moved into uni, I had a cold twice, freshers 'flu' and something that was harsher than a cold but not quite the flu :S My immune system used to be so good!

I don't cold in the summer...I wouldn't know, I'm too busy with hayfever to notice the extra snifffle!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I don't catch colds easily, but if I do then I have usually take Coricidin D and Zycam cold remedy.

I don't get summer time colds at all but if I should catch one I do the same for it as a winter cold.

How often do you get a cold? not very often actually i used to go years without being sick..... now'a days its like once every six months or so i get a super bad stomach flu where i puke for a day then im ok. last one being at the metallica concert. ugh

Do you ever get colds in the summer? yeah i got really sick last summer, it lasted 2 weeks and i had an ear infection for over a month..... suckish!

How do you treat them? puke..... sleep.... avoid food at all costs.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm just getting over one now. I usually get one a year. I take Sudafed if I get really congested, otherwise I don't do anything to treat it except rest

Malificus

Likes snow
I'm somewhat proficient at catching them, usually when ones going around it'll evade me for a month until I finally get it.

I don't really treat them. Colds don't really have all that adverse of effects for me.

viLky

ykLiv
I have a cold right now. I hate it 'cuz I have work and I dislike working feeling like crap. I'm cranky, tired, in pain and my nose is running all the time. It's getting pretty red and sore, currently. >.<;

I usually sleep and take medicine to help myself out.