• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cat People smarter than Dog People?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
SAN FRANCISCO — "Dog people" and "cat people" really do have different personalities, according to a new study.

Cat People Are Smarter Than Dog People, New Study Shows
This is a first, they say cat owners scored higher on intelligence than dog owners. Their reasoning is because of their personalty not that getting a cat will suddenly make you really intelligent. It might not be particular true for cats but I would say even the type of dog you pick reflects your personality.

I wonder about us people that like both. I have had both dogs and cats, loved them both equally. Right now I have none. Possibly that makes me a outgoing introvert that gave up.lol

Do you feel your pet reflects your personality? If so in what ways?

dDave

V.I.P.
When I think of cats I usually think about a more (how to phrase this...) upper class atmosphere for some reason. Obviously, this is a stereotype that is not true in many many cases. The same could be said for many dog owners I'm sure (just think about dog show people, poodles, etc.).

I know some cat owners that are complete idiots. :lol: One of them even killed their cat by starting the car with the cat up inside the engine bay (they didn't know that)

Dogs are really popular though. There are so many dog owners in the country that it may be difficult to look at them as one demographic or portion of the population and draw any reasonable conclusion from that.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Like Dave, I know some cat owners that are not too bright. I take studies like these with a grain of salt because there is such a wide variety of people who own pets, but I don't dismiss the possibility that there is some truth to it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I also know cat owners that aren't too bright and dog owners that aren't that outgoing. I think they can only say their study is true for the ones they conducted the study on.

Anna93

This is a first, they say cat owners scored higher on intelligence than dog owners. Their reasoning is because of their personalty not that getting a cat will suddenly make you really intelligent. It might not be particular true for cats but I would say even the type of dog you pick reflects your personality.

I wonder about us people that like both. I have had both dogs and cats, loved them both equally. Right now I have none. Possibly that makes me a outgoing introvert that gave up.lol

Do you feel your pet reflects your personality? If so in what ways?
My boyfriend says always that I and my she cat are very similar!!! Both have a wild spirit, but we are funny and beautiful! *.* (I love him <3)
So, I had a she horse a few years ago...and we was the same thing. Same character, same reactions...
I think that are us to identify in our pet's character!
Kiss :*:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Bathroom Wall 5
Mirage Pets 6
dDave School 12
Blur Ideas & Support 8
Pepper Pets 6