Cat & Dog Breeds

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Boredie, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Do/Have you own/ed a pet of a certain breed?
    Do/Have you own/ed a purebred pet?
    Even if the answer to both questions is a no, what type of breed of cat/dog would you like to own?

2. Ember

Ember Registered Member

I have had a pincher and a beagle. I like dogs and have several favourite breeds but I think I'll adopt my next dog, so I don't care about its breed at all.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

no, I've never owned a purebred animal. I'm not sure I ever would.

I love Boxers but they have a genetic predisposition to cancer. I used to want a Newfie when I was younger, but they're too messy.

Do Puggles count? I'd love to have a Puggle but they're expensive.

As far as cats, if I were to have a purebred it would be a Russian Blue. I think my kitty's mama was a Russian Blue.

4. Boredie

I've always loved the idea of owning a Siberian Huskie. Their intelligence and all their other characteristics always appealed to me.
    Next in line would be a Golden Retriever. Having never owned a dog in my life, and for some reason I don't think I will in the near future, it all remains a childhood fancy.

As for cat breeds, the Ragdoll always seemed like the perfect cat to own.

5. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

For cats I've owned a Peke Persian and a Ragdoll.

As for dogs, I currently own a Neapolitan Mastiff, Newfoundland, Doberman Pinscher and a Rottweiler. All of them have been rescued, apart from my Mastiff.

Jeanie likes this.
  6. Asenka

Asenka Registered Member

I don't have my owned pets but I like a dogs of breeds Saint Bernards... I like so much this beerd ..)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I have wanted to own a Bernese Mountain dog for as long as I can remember. It's pretty much one of my life goals, sad as that may sound. :lol:

I was kind of obsessed with dogs at one point, I had all kinds of books on breeds and stuff. My mum and brother are allergic though so we never had one growing up. :(

8. Boredie

When I was 10 we were given a book about dog breeds, and every weekend my siblings and I would turn page by page declaring which dog we want on each page, according to their attributes and personalities :lol: Those were good times.

9. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

All my dogs have been pedigrees. Not so much for any particular reason its just there are few mongrels (around here).

I currently have a Border Terrier, I knew it was the breed I wanted but was having difficulty tracking down a litter, when I found one, although I saw the parents I did not care much for the lineage, looking at his papers though he has a lot of champion stock (not that it makes any difference whatsoever).

Ive also had Dalmatians, Labradores and German Shepards in the past.

10. JessEpiphany

JessEpiphany Registered Member

Yep. I have an AKC registered English bulldog. She's a cute little chunker!

I have two regular 'ol housecats. They're also cute, but I'm biased. :D