• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cat Dilemma

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Okay, so my neighbor has this grey tabby named Gary. For the past month and a half now, I've been noticing the man never feeds him, doesn't take him in during the cold weather (trust me, it has hit-11 here Vancouver more than once), and today, I caught him in my dog's house, eating her dog food. I'm not exactly sure what I should do. I've tried talking to the man and he brushed me off by saying that "its a cat. Cats can take care of themselves."

I was afraid my dog might hurt him if she caught him in the dog house, so I took a few old blankets and a pillow, and set up a little bed for him outside, in our tenant's laundry room. (They have 3 cats themselves, so they'll leave him some cat food every 2 or 3 days.) I know the most sensible thing for me to do, is call animal control, but I don't want them to take him away (and perhaps put him down if no one adopts him.) I'm not sure why I'm asking for advice, because I've already (semi) made up my mind to take him in. But I'm not sure if its the "ethical" thing to do, not that, what his owner is doing is ethical either. I was just wondering if anyone can help me out and give me some advice.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Put out a cage and catch the cat. Keep him yourself in the warm. That is the humane thing to do. I did it with my one cat... he turned out to be a really cool and affectionate cat. Giving an "abandoned" pet a warm place to live in the winter IS the ethical thing to do. What your neighbor is doing is not.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Awww poor little thing. You are being generous and this is kind of you for taking care of that creature. If its owner is being so careless, I'd take the cat at home. Though calling the animal control would be way better because the owner has to take on his respinsibilities and if he doesn't then he should be fined.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'd do the same thing, Bubz. I'd definitely take it in, especially if his attitude is so callous.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Thanks guys! I was just outside looking for him, but I think he ran off. He'll be back, since he has no place else to go, and by then I'll have a little bed ready for him in the garage (our garage is heated.)

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Yeah, I have two abandoned cats that live in my garage that I have found this year. Taking this cat in will be worth it. You also need to get a bebe gun and shoot this man with it.

trixiechi

Registered Member
Just came across this thread and being a total animal lover, wondered how this panned out? Hope you got him and he's doing well. The only caution with animal control is that if he doesn't take the cat back you might want to know what they do with the pets if they can't be adopted.

Kudos to you for having a good heart!

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Well as of right now, Gary is still with us, but it turns out that my younger brother is horribly allergic to cats. I have to leave him outside during the daytime since he scratches the windows and tries to find a way outta the house. I bring him in at night. He sleeps in my room, since my dog doesn't get along with cats very well. My friend is planning on taking him in. She just moved into a new apartment with her boyfriend and she'll be here in the next week or so to pick him up. So, all is good.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
So, update us! Did the cat move into your friend's apartment?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Bathroom Wall 5
Mirage Pets 6
dDave School 12
Blur Ideas & Support 8
Pepper Pets 6