Castration for Serial Rapists?

Castration for Serial Rapists?

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
The idea of castrating serial rapists has been out there for a while. People are torn on the issue because many claim that it is a violation of human rights.

Castration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's my response to those people. Who's human rights are we more concerned about violating here? IF these serial rapists were to ever escape (and that HAS happened) 9 times out of 10 (if not higher) they will rape again. So are we more concerned about protecting the rapists human rights or the rights of their would be future victims?

Rights actually are legally allowed to be taken from people (at least in the US). Don't believe me? Look into gun laws. If you use a gun to commit a felony you lose your right to own or use a gun for the rest of your life.

I am talking about serial rapists only. With single rapists there is always the scenario of date rape, which many times was consensual and turned out later that the girl changed her mind or regretted the decision. I am not talking about that. I am talking about people who have developed a clear and obvious pattern of raping repeatedly, aka serial rapists.

I vote yes. They abused their rights and violated others rights so they lose the right to have sex again if you ask me. Serial rapists HAVE escaped from prison to rape again and you can't say that this won't continue to happen in the future.

As for how they are castrated? I don't care. It looks like chemical castration has more side effects than the surgical method so some might not like that but then again some might prefer to have everything non functional but still intact. I say let them choose their method. Just as long as it happens.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yes without a doubt.

Especially if these horrid excuses of a human being are repeat offenders. Once I may not think is severe enough.... but twice, you bet they are deserving of a hellstorm.

You know I agree with you on this one Hybrix. The moment someone forces another human being (regardless of age) to have sex against their will, then they've forfeited their right to be treated in a humane manner.
I do think it should be mandatory for child molesters and serial rapists.

Elf1

Registered Member
I would agree, almost.

Castration would impose a punishment for MEN.

What about serial rapists, pedophiles who happen to be women?

What do women get?

Amputation of hands and tongues?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Actually castration will not prevent rapists from violating people. Rape is not about sex, it's about power. Cutting off a guy's dick no matter how desirable that sounds will not prevent the violent urges he feels.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Actually castration will not prevent rapists from violating people. Rape is not about sex, it's about power. Cutting off a guy's dick no matter how desirable that sounds will not prevent the violent urges he feels.
I agree with this to a point. Castration (which often isn't the removal of all of the male genitalia) doesn't necessarily remove the sex drive completely.

Also, like you said, rape is often about power. But to say it's never about sex seems absurd.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I agree with this to a point. Castration (which often isn't the removal of all of the male genitalia) doesn't necessarily remove the sex drive completely.

Also, like you said, rape is often about power. But to say it's never about sex seems absurd.
Actually I didn't say it's never about sex, but you can pretty much assume that if you're talking about a serial rapist it's not about sex.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I dont have the mindset to understand what compels a serial rapist to do the things he/she does. Sex, Power, Habits... I dont know what to really blame for these horrid acts.

I would feel more comfortable knowing something like the threat of castration lingered around the back of a Rapists mind. If anything just the comfort of having that preventive, or persuasive threat is enough to convince me to be for it. One of those deals where if it saves a few lives You have me sold. Obviously with the darkness the human animal is capable of, I really doubt we'll ever completely cure the problem.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My first thought is what Jeanie mentioned already. Rape is not about sexual motivation but the need to humilate, control, and degrade their victims. I remember reading about profiles of rapists (based on their account) and these offenders report that it's not the sex itself that they "enjoyed" in the process.

As for castration, the only benefit I see is giving them a dose of their own wickedness (humilate, control and degrade them). Other than that, it doesn't really address the motivations and the source of their aggressive tendencies and they will continue to do it when they have the chance. On a rape scenario, a man doesn't necessarily need his penis to bring out the effect he wants on his victims.