Castrating Sex Offenders

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Kazmarov, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Should repeat sex offenders that are unable to be otherwise rehabilitated be chemically or physically castrated?

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Only if they are 100% proven guilty and are repeat offenders.

It seems outrageous to some, but it would make them think twice about having sex with a child.

3. Mason

Mason phawq

Actually sounds like a fair punishment. They should do it in the most painful of ways, too.

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Given the results of projects like Project Innocence, that has released well over a hundred death row inmates with DNA testing, can anyone really be '100% guilty'? Also, castration is in most cases an irreversible procedure, much like the death penalty- so if they are later found to be innocent (or mentally unfit, etc.), there's no going back, the punishment has been done.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

If all other methods have been exhausted then yes, definately. It makes me sick that people do that and if nothing else is working then they should be tortured.

wolfheart likes this.
  6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

My problem with this is the fact is, what if someone is really innocent and wrongly accused? It happens a lot, at least from what I understand. It happened to a good friend of mine, wrongly accused because a kid didn't like him and he spent 5 years in jail. What if they would've castrated him?

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I am against castration as I against corporal punishment. There are some truly evil people in this world I think by inflicting physical harm on them we are no better than they. Incarceration should be a deterent for most people, for those that it is not effective, they would probably continue to pursue their crimes regardless of the punishment however severe.

What would castration achieve? What are the benefits of performing it?

8. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

No. That falls under cruel and unusual punishment.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah.

Basically because I don't want to see a guy who rapes children or abuses women be allowed to procreate. We just don't know enough of what traits get passed on and how.