• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Casey Anthony Found "Not Guilty"

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't believe anybody has posted on this, a lot of news networks are going haywire right now talking about this.

Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty of Killing 2-Year-Old Daughter - FoxNews.com

Casey Anthony is now off the hook, the jury decided that she was not guilty. She is now only into trouble for lying and could get a year in jail for each count.

I believe that we have another O.J. Simpson situation on our hands, the murderer getting off the hook when the evidence definitely showed that she did it.

The worst part about our justice system is that she could go up to the mic and say that she did it and she can't be tried again. This is absurd.

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The verdict was surprising. Just like O.J Simpson I thought Casey killed her daughter and she's currently getting away with murder in my opinion. I'm stunned, there's not much else to say in my opinion. O.J eventually got his, and hopefully the same thing will happen to Casey.

Hopefully CO has been following this since I am wondering what his thoughts on the case and the verdict.

Last edited:

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
We can only hope that guilt will drive her insane because the legal system failed to bring, what seems like the majority of people thought, a guilty of murder charge at the very least.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
Did they prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she is a liar and a manipulator? Yes, thoroughly proven it. Did they prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she killed her daughter? I'm inclined to say no, even though my gut strongly says she's guilty.

I think the larger picture is the atmosphere built around this trial. I was sickened watching people literally kick each other out of the way to grab a spot in line to attend the trial over the weeks; I felt it was turned into a reality-show. However, this is an education for the public in the criminal system. There were cameras in the rooms, there was analysis outside (both good and bad) and inside, and people were spurred to ask questions around the water-cooler about their conception of "justice."

If this case can do anything positive, it can inspire people to become more aware--maybe to pursue criminal justice tracks and to be those who shape up and reform the criminal system. I hope this won't just have been a trial in total vain.

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
We can only hope that guilt will drive her insane because the legal system failed to bring, what seems like the majority of people thought, a guilty of murder charge at the very least.
She has no guilt. The only reason she has cried was because she felt like she was going to go to jail for a long time. She thought her daughter was interfering with her personal life, which had been mentioned many times since the whole thing happened.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I honestly thought this would be a done deal with her, I mean the defense did put up a good argument and stance but it didn't seem to add up (at least to me) to prove that she was innocent of all the first three charges (murder, endangerment to a child...and i forget the last one). But yeah, this one was one hell of a shocker to me when I found out earlier.

But you have to admit, the media did spin this to seem like she would be absolutely going to jail. But there were some inconsistencies with some of the prosecutors goal, such as the countless witness' of family members, her ex fiance, neighbors. A lot of this does seem similar to the Rodney king trial, just same repetitive evidence that confused the jury. I'm not saying that they were confused, but it was a lot to look back on. Honestly, her story didn't add up to me when they mentioned from the beginning she waited 30 days to call the police and notify them her child was "missing", right there was a red flag. But yeah, like stated before....I'm surprised.

~Shwa'

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I haven't heard of this story/trial until today. None of this made news back home, or at least not on as big a scale as it did here. From what I've heard from friends, the publicity was a big issue in this specific case. Did people maybe "want" her to be guilty and burned at the stake for all to see because of the publicity? Maybe. People can be hungry for revenge, even when it means fighting cruelty with equal brutality.

I've seen many a FB comment today about having her blood spilled over this. I read up about it a little and to be frank, I think she's guilty as well. But then, I wasn't in the jury. The jury of her peers who found her NOT guilty. The jury that saw groundbreaking evidence for and against her. If she is guilty, she will get what she's due.

BigBob

Registered Member
I haven't heard of this story/trial until today. None of this made news back home, or at least not on as big a scale as it did here. From what I've heard from friends, the publicity was a big issue in this specific case. Did people maybe "want" her to be guilty and burned at the stake for all to see because of the publicity? Maybe. People can be hungry for revenge, even when it means fighting cruelty with equal brutality.

I've seen many a FB comment today about having her blood spilled over this. I read up about it a little and to be frank, I think she's guilty as well. But then, I wasn't in the jury. The jury of her peers who found her NOT guilty. The jury that saw groundbreaking evidence for and against her. If she is guilty, she will get what she's due.
The problem with getting her found guilty was that EVERYONE lied to the police and in reports. The mom, dad, friends. Everyone had a different story. I believe there was so many different stories of what happened that they didn't feel safe with saying she was guilty.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
The problem with getting her found guilty was that EVERYONE lied to the police and in reports. The mom, dad, friends. Everyone had a different story. I believe there was so many different stories of what happened that they didn't feel safe with saying she was guilty.
All I am saying is that it's said that there really was groundbreaking evidence in this case. All sorts of things were proven in ways never done/used before. Evidence doesn't lie (I may have watched CSI a little bit too much, lol). You can't exactly go on what people say, because they lie. How do you prove a lie to be a lie? By hard evidence. If you don't have that, how do you prove someone guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt?

BigBob

Registered Member
All I am saying is that it's said that there really was groundbreaking evidence in this case. All sorts of things were proven in ways never done/used before. Evidence doesn't lie (I may have watched CSI a little bit too much, lol). You can't exactly go on what people say, because they lie. How do you prove a lie to be a lie? By hard evidence. If you don't have that, how do you prove someone guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt?
If you watched it from the beginning, all of the signs pointed to her. All of the interviews, all of the jail interviews, the way she acted weeks after she was found missing and then after they found her. If you're a mother and your daughters missing, you're not going to be out partying with your friends looking like you've never been better while trying to hook up with everyone. All the signs pointed to her, but like I said.. everyone lied. Everyone changed their reports from the beginning to end.