• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Carrying your stuff

technoflutemom

Registered Member
Do you prefer a backpack, fanny pack or saddle bags? I need to carry a bit of food, my cell phone and a couple of other little things with me and I'm not sure which to get.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya.

It just all depends on where and what you will be doing.

Most camel hydration packs come with extra storage space and pockets, Plus they double as a spine protector if you fall. :lol: (Not ment to be used in place of spine armor)

If you are out hikeing or bikeing then get a camel pack (sold at almost all stores) and a pair of cargo shorts.

If you are going near the water, then you will need a DRY BAG. They make Camel Hydration/Dry Bag but you can only get those at sporting goods stores.

And then there is allways Cargo pants :D
Hope that helped.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I prefer a backpack usually unless I just have a few things. For the most part I only do hiking that lasts a few hours or so so it's easy to fit everything into a small backpack or small bag.

Every once in a while I'll leave the water in the car and go solo. I hate carrying things sometimes. :) Plus that way I get a nice drink when I am done. I actually don't think I'll be doing that for a while though. It works in the spring but it's too hot during the times that I go out now. It would be really hard and potentially dangerous to go without water in the heat.

FourBear

I usually prefer a good backpack that has many compartments, and ideally, a dry bag. And, like Andrew says, sometimes I just want to go with minimal baggage, and only put some water in my bottle holder.

tater03

Registered Member
I would agree that it just depends on what I am doing and how long I am going to be out doing it. I know when I go hiking I like to take a backpack but if I am not going to be gone long I will stick with the handy old fanny pack.

technoflutemom

Registered Member
I've been tempted to get a camel pack for long runs, but hadn't considered using it for biking. Are they easy to use?

tater03

Registered Member
My brother swears by them. I like the fact that the water is right there when you need it. I have to get one of these I have just your basic type backpack.