• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Awesome Carolina Reaper challenge

dDave

V.I.P.
Remember the Habanero or the Ghost Pepper challenges that were done over the past few years?

There's a new hottest pepper in town called the Carolina Reaper.

2,200,000 SHU for this pepper, a ghost pepper ranks at 1,000,000 SHU. This is a crazy hot pepper.

Check this one out.

Worldâ

:lol:

I would like to try a ghost pepper sometime, if that goes well then I'd like to try one of these.

Worst I've had is ghost pepper salsa. If you want to talk about a pepper that i ate whole it would be a habanero.

What's the hottest pepper you've ever had?

Last edited:

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I've inadvertently eaten Jalapeño (Byuck). I haven't aimed for anything hotter, but that's primarily due to the fact that I am sane. I am not exactly sure why I am amused watching intellectually stunted masochists inflict agony upon themselves. I think there's maybe something Darwinian going on there. But I am disappointed that they left out a microphone recording of the inevitable eruption and corresponding commentary/prayer/blood curdling screams. If they thought 2.2M SHU was hot going in... :D

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jalapeno or chili is about the hottest pepper I ever had. They were hot enough for me.

If they like punishing themselves just go up to a cop and ask to be pepper sprayed in the face.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Well I didnt eat it whole but the hottest pepper I took a bite of was a Red Habanero (about 150,000 on the Scoville scale). But that wasnt my bad. Somebody told me it was just a Hungarian Hot Wax pepper (just a little hotter than a Jalapeno - about 4,000).
I thought my tongue was gonna burn off! It didnt stop burning for almost an hour!

But I grow hotter peppers in the garden. I grew Purira chili peppers this year (400,000). Those start purple and white before they turn red but I never tried one of those.
Im getting ghost pepper seeds next year but dunno if I wanna eat any. I may get some Carolina Reaper seeds too and Trinidad Scorpion Butch T (1,463,700). I like growing peppers.

dDave

V.I.P.
Well I didnt eat it whole but the hottest pepper I took a bite of was a Red Habanero (about 150,000 on the Scoville scale). But that wasnt my bad. Somebody told me it was just a Hungarian Hot Wax pepper (just a little hotter than a Jalapeno - about 4,000).
I thought my tongue was gonna burn off! It didnt stop burning for almost an hour!

But I grow hotter peppers in the garden. I grew Purira chili peppers this year (400,000). Those start purple and white before they turn red but I never tried one of those.
Im getting ghost pepper seeds next year but dunno if I wanna eat any. I may get some Carolina Reaper seeds too and Trinidad Scorpion Butch T (1,463,700). I like growing peppers.
The specific habanero I had was an orange habanero which clocks in at 250,000.

It's pretty hot but not to the point of being unbearable.

I made some chili last night with orange habanero, fresh green jalapeno, crushed red pepper, and a hefty portion of cayenne pepper. It was really hot but I was disappointed with the end result. I wanted it hot enough that it makes you stop for a second to consider what you just ate.

Next year (for this chili cook off) I'll have to find some ghost peppers, use WAY more habanero, or maybe find some Carolina Reaper peppers.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I never eat chilli peppers, I am just not into spicy food. I have had chillies on pizza before but even in small amounts it is too much for me and the way I see it is if my mouth is burning I am not going to enjoy what I am eating.

I did however in an odd way enjoy watching the Mythbusters episode where Grant and Tori ate chillies to locate the best method for cooling down.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The specific habanero I had was an orange habanero which clocks in at 250,000.

It's pretty hot but not to the point of being unbearable.

I made some chili last night with orange habanero, fresh green jalapeno, crushed red pepper, and a hefty portion of cayenne pepper. It was really hot but I was disappointed with the end result. I wanted it hot enough that it makes you stop for a second to consider what you just ate.

Next year (for this chili cook off) I'll have to find some ghost peppers, use WAY more habanero, or maybe find some Carolina Reaper peppers.
Yeah the red, orange, white, and brown Habaneros have a huge heat range and they can be as hot as 350,000. Btw your unbearable trumps mine. Dunno if I even wanna get as high as 200,000... but I may try that 150,000 again. I grew them myself and it did have a really good flavor. And i still have tons of peppers to pick before the next freeze. Im not all over salsa but I am all over salsa fresca (pico de gallo) and chili isnt chili without peppers.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Jalapeno or chili is about the hottest pepper I ever had. They were hot enough for me.

If they like punishing themselves just go up to a cop and ask to be pepper sprayed in the face.
I think pepper spray is tame compared to what these guys are eating. After this I'd think being pepper sprayed would be as painful as getting sneezed on. I don't even think actual mace is in the same league.

- Cham