Carnival Rides

We did carnival food, now it's time to do the rides! What is your favorite and which one do you have the most fun on?

My pick is the Zipper:

It's the only ride that spins that I DO enjoy! I hate all other spinning rides. It's a good way to bond with a friend/girlfriend since it sits two people. A little bit of scariness + sitting next to somebody = success! Ahhh, yes, scaring somebody into liking you. That is the way...

Um... well, besides that, the ride goes fast, spins you upside down and doesn't make you sick oppose to other rides at the carnival. The only thing I don't like about the ride is that you can't ride alone. Probably because this has something to do with it:

Most Zipper operators now employ a "no single rider" policy. This is because a person riding alone can turn sideways in the seat, removing their legs from underneath the lap bar, risking serious injury as the capsule spins.
Maybe?!

What rides do you all like? Bumpercars, Breakdance, ect...?

Last edited:

TimmehD

Registered Member
"Top Gun"

Basically a giant pendulum. Very, very high. Fun stuff. Both halves sit facing each other so you fall backwards.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
There's this ride called the inverter tat I really like, don't have a picture but it looks just like top gun except the part on the end also spins on it's own axis making it very fun.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I like rollercoasters. Unfortunately, since 2000 I got some kind of a vertigo problem and the doctors advised me against rides like that or brutal movements for my head.

The best one I've ridden is not really in the carnival - it was that huge rollercoaster in Vegas. I'm so glad I didn't chicken out!

I love to ride the rides at established amusement parks, but carnival rides scare the crap outta me.
I'm always afraid they missed a nut or bolt while they quickly set it up, and that I'll be the one to take the last unfortunate ride.
But, if I had to choose one it woud be the ferris wheel.

TimmehD

Registered Member
I love to ride the rides at established amusement parks, but carnival rides scare the crap outta me.
I'm always afraid they missed a nut or bolt while they quickly set it up, and that I'll be the one to take the last unfortunate ride.
But, if I had to choose one it woud be the ferris wheel.
The ferris wheel!? That's like...the moped of carnival rides.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm pretty sure I've been on the Zipper, or something very similar to that. It was at a carnival near Baltimore several years back.

I've also been on the New York New York coaster in Vegas.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I loved to ride the Sea Dragon..As far as coasters go nothing beats Six flags magic mt ride The Batman..

Back when I was still a teen we spent the entire day there riding the coasters and thrill rides on Acid..Boy did that put a new twist on roller coasters and thrill rides..

I haven't gotten on a carnival ride since I saw one break and come crashing down..Luckly none was on the ride when that happened but it was enough to make me not trust carnival rides..I'll stick to major theme parks..