• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Carnival cruise nightmare

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
(CBS News) A four-day luxury cruise has turned into a week of misery.
An engine fire crippled the power supply of the Carnival Cruise Lines ship Triumph. Now, passengers say they're seeing disgusting conditions.

Inside Carnival cruise nightmare: Passenger describes deteriorating conditions
I would love to go on a cruise but I don't think so now. I can't believe they didn't do something sooner. People are having to wait in line for hours just for a burger. Trash is building up everywhere, sewage running down cabin walls, disgusting.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57569116/inside-carnival-cruise-nightmare-passenger-describes-deteriorating-conditions/

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I went on a Mexican riviera cruise with this company. I had a really great time. A few months after, one of their ships had trouble and people were stuck in the middle of the sea - no fresh water. Some army boats had to reach them and stuff like that. I can imagine the nightmare. Being in this luxury ship was good when you have the luxury. You remove luxury and there's nothing else left to appreciate!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Really crazy story, can't believe it. This going to hurt Carnival for sure.
I seriously look for them to get sued over this. They had these people out there for about a week living in horrible conditions.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They were being towed in but the towline broke and they are now dead in the water again. I bet those people wish this nightmare was over.

Conditions on the cruise ship continue to be dismal. Passengers have told of limited access to food and bathrooms, a strong stench and fecal matter on the floors after a week at sea. Many were sleeping on the deck for fresh air. But it was getting colder as the ship headed north.

Cruise ship "dead in the water" after towline breaks

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I read that the people on the boat will get a refund, free travel back to their original port, or home, a free cruise, plus free travel to the port of their choice as a way to make up for this.

I also saw where Carnvial cruises were selling for a $100 a person for four days or $25 bucks a night.