• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Carlyle gets two-year extension

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Leafs continue to fuck up everything they do. The assistant coaches get the gate, Carlyle gets a two-year extension.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Honestly, I think that Carlyle is a good coach, but I just don't think that he's a good fit for the Leafs. He's better at coaching veterans and older players, not a younger team like the Leafs.

While I don't feel that you can pin 100% of last season's collapse on him, I would have liked to have seen the Leafs bring in someone new to coach the team. In hindsight, I really wish they had gone with Dallas Eakins in 2012.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
If they do next what they did this... he will be fired. He won't see two years unless they make the playoffs.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Crypticshock said:
If they do next what they did this... he will be fired. He won't see two years unless they make the playoffs.
I totally agree with this. Look at Ron Wilson...he didn't get past 3 months after he signed his extension. :lol:

Everything related to the Maple Leafs seems to have that reverse Midas touch where everything turns to crap. Case in point, James Reimer being in the net for the most humiliating Canadian defeat in hockey history against F'N FRANCE!!!! FRANCE!!!! WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LOSE TO FUCKING FRANCE!!!! Note to Hockey Canada, next time you build a team for the World Championships, please don't use anybody within the Vancouver Canucks & Toronto Maple Leafs organization.

(Sorry for the rant, feel free to move along.)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Chameleon Politics & Law 33
CubsMascot General Discussion 2
Babe_Ruth Hockey 6
B Hockey 29
Babe_Ruth Hockey 1