Carey Price

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you consider Carey Price one of the best goalies in the NHL?

Personally, I believe he's one of the best goalies in the NHL, and no I am not being bias here. I watch him everytime the Habs play. He's still young and still needs to improve on a few things, and sometimes he gives up to many easy goals, but on the other hand he saves the game on many occasion.

I believe that this year he's arguably the best goalie in the Eastern Conference, especially after Brodeur went down.

In my opinion he should be the starter for the East in the All Star game.

Thoughts?

Turbo

Registered Member
Price is 3rd best in the east after Lundqvist. Brodeur, as overrated as i think he is, is number one with Lundqvist a close 2nd.

compared to the whole league, Price is nowhere near the top. Nabokov is by far the top in the league.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
How can you say Price is nowhere the top in the league in the NHL, can you please name me at least 5-8 goalies that are better then him?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
First off I disagree with you on Giguere and Thomas, those two are not better then Price, especially Thomas. Even though the Bruins are one of the best teams in the NHL this season, I think that Thomas is just having a lucky year, I don't think he can maintain this high playing level for the rest of the season.

Also you can make a case for Lundqvist, but as of right now I think Henrick is a bit better.

Le_Coq

Registered Member
Nabokov, better then price ok
Kipperusoff, not in a million years, he had 1 good year
Giguere, not better then price sure he has a mamoth of dfense in front of him, only plays good in playoffs
Brodeur; 16 years of experience
Lundqvist; better ok, lets face it price has a better glove and much more room for improvement
Thomas; never, the guy played more/less half the games a season
Luongo; of course

#1Luongo
#2 Broduer
#3 Nabokov
#4 Price
and then the rest

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with your list Le Cog, but I think I would put Lundqvist ahead of Price for now, in a couple years Price will be better, but when you compare there overall games Lundqvist is better, but not by much.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its pretty hard to argue against Price this season and I pretty much echo all the other sentiments. Although I think Miika Kiprusoft is one of the most underrated players in the NHL.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never thought Kippersuff was underrated at all, I think he gets the credit he deserves, personally I always thought he was a bit overrated. But I bet you anything that it's probably different in the States then it is in Canada, here in Canada he gets a lot of credit, especially that he plays for a Canadian team.