• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Carey Price

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
Elite or not, he sure is one of the best goalies in the league. If he ends up winning on Sunday, he will have another achievement to his repertoire. World Juniors championship, Calder trophy. Imagine if he wins the gold medal.... Price Haters. He can be the best, he needs better players in front of him. The habs defense isn't the best, but they do the job. All in all, he will be a great goaltender for years to come.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
In 4-5 years from now, people are going to ask "Is Price one of the top goaltenders ever played for the Canadiens" - He has to get some cups before that can be seriously answered or challenged. Roy had 2... Dryden had 5 in 8 years. Dryden is my number 1. Roy is my number 2. Price is currently tied with Plante for 3rd if you remove Stanley Cup wins out of the equation. Many others would currently put Price in their top 5 franchise... others are still moping over Halak.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I've had great pleasure watching Carey Price grow up into an all-world goaltender. He went through a lot of shit in Montreal due to the hype he was labeled with. He's overcome all of it and it seems like he's ready to put his name in the history books. I'm so hoping for another dominating performance tomorrow.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Rontzeeez said:
Elite or not, he sure is one of the best goalies in the league. If he ends up winning on Sunday, he will have another achievement to his repertoire. World Juniors championship, Calder trophy. Imagine if he wins the gold medal.... Price Haters. He can be the best, he needs better players in front of him. The habs defense isn't the best, but they do the job. All in all, he will be a great goaltender for years to come.
Not to nitpick, but you mean the Calder Cup. I'm sure you already know it, but just so others are aware, the Calder Trophy is the rookie of the year award.

Anyhow, I'm not a Canadiens fan, but I agree with Dickey's Flow. Price came to Montreal with crazy expectations, and some of them are almost impossible to live up to. I think he's done pretty well for himself and would be more highly regarded if the Canadiens team overall was a powerhouse.

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
Yes, the cup. Anyways, he won the gold medal and named MVG-most valuable goaltender of the 2014 Sochi olympics. He will surely get a vezina or 2. Montreal has they're goalies. all they need to do is work around the young talent.(Subban, Galchenyuk, Eller, Beaulieu, Bournival, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Emelin, etc...) They have lots of money next year and the year after. they've signed 60% of the team 15/25 and the most important have been signed. leaving a few youngsters to sign. They might cause a surprise this year, but i wont be sad if they don't win this year. they're not ready.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You can make an argument that Carey Price is the best goaltender in the league. I'm glad that he was finally able to showcase his talent on a wide stage like the Olympics. I'm sure there's still some haters out there, but definitely less than when the Olympics started.

Yes, I won't deny that he had some amazing defenseman playing in front of him, but Price made some key saves at key opportunities in this tournament. He had a shutout in the semi's and finals. That is extremely impressive.

Hopefully this makes Bergevin realize that he needs to get some solid defense to play in front of him in the next few years.

Sabby

Konshentz said:
Bizzy said:
You can make an argument that Carey Price is the best goaltender in the league.
A weak argument, sure. He's to the NHL, what Romo is to the NFL. Haha.

Except now Carey has one two monster games (WJC and Olympics) while being named tournament goalie MVP in both. Me thinks the biggest game Romo's ever won is a pro-bowl :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Konshentz said:
Bizzy said:
Are you trolling? Carey Price is probably top three goaltender in the league.

I would love to see who you believe is better than he is?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Konshentz said:
Bizzy said:
We're talking about Carey Price here, not Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski, Dan Boyle, Logan Couture...hell I should just say the entire San Jose Sharks roster :lol: