• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Cards trade Shelby Miller for Jason Heyward

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jordan Walden is also coming to St Louis and prospect Tyrell Jenkins is off to Atlanta

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If the Cardinals don't sign Heyward long-term and/or win the World Series next year, it could be JD Drew-for-Wainwright but in the opposite direction. Miller is only 24 and he's under team control for 4 more years.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is the key for sure...signing Heyward.

IF we do sign him then I think its a great trade for us. However, its pretty damn even.

Hopefully Jason Heyward can rebound from being beaned in the face. Dickie Thon was supposed to be a Hall of Fame calibre talent after he was hit in the face he never reached his potential.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Heyward may have priced his way out of Atlanta after next year. Why not trade 1 year of Heyward for numerous years of a very solid and young pitcher?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The StroShow said:
Heyward may have priced his way out of Atlanta after next year. Why not trade 1 year of Heyward for numerous years of a very solid and young pitcher?
They didn't really have room for Miller anymore. I'm sure Millz will back me up, but Martinez and Gonzales are much better options than Miller in the rotation.

That said, this move is not made if Tavaras doesn't die in a car accident.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Col. Aaron Awesome said:
Hopefully Jason Heyward can rebound from being beaned in the face. Dickie Thon was supposed to be a Hall of Fame calibre talent after he was hit in the face he never reached his potential.
Tony Conigliaro too.

Funny though the Marlins don't seem to have those questions about Giancarlo Stanton and maybe they should have waited a few months at least see him in some spring training games before spending more on him than they did in total payroll the last five seasons.

I forgot about Stanton. That's crazy that these two guys came up together and both experienced the same horrible injury. I read that Thon's depth perception was never the same. He was a All Star before and never again after scary. I hope both Heyward and Stanton can rebound they are both great talents.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bizzy said:
The StroShow said:
They didn't really have room for Miller anymore. I'm sure Millz will back me up, but Martinez and Gonzales are much better options than Miller in the rotation.

That said, this move is not made if Tavaras doesn't die in a car accident.
I like Shelby but the upside of Gonzales and Martinez are higher in my opinion.