Cards ruling the world

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by Turbo, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

those of you who watch Yugioh know that many fueds are decided my duels; well what if your place in society was decided on by the TCG you played and how well you played.

2. Kos4Evr

Kos4Evr Registered Member

Well that would prove to be interesting. It would put the smarter, more capable individuals over those who rely only on strength and the use of force, but as with any ideaistic system it would still end up being corrupt as is demonstrated in the series. It would be a fun concept though.

3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i think it would be an interesting world.....with the various TCG's out there it could be as diverse as the world we live in now. it'd be interesting to see where those who play multiple TCGs would fit.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Yeah people would definitely become weaklings who're really smart. I guess it'd be a lot more peaceful since wars could be settled by...duels....

5. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

That would suck because not everybody would have access to the cards needed to make a deck good enough to win... therefore, upper class people stay upper class because they win games because they have good cards, whereas lower class people stay lower class because they lose games because they can't afford good cards. Also, how well you do in a card game has absolutely nothing to do with what you're like as a person, and everything to do with luck and ability at that specific game. Someone could be a musical genius, but suck at cards, and would lose all the time.

6. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

Aside from the games not effecting people you forgot to mention that it's silly. If any one can explain how big corporations would buy into this then maybe I could see this being a good idea. Other then that womp womp on this idea because the world would never be taken over by TCG's.

7. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

lol that would be awesome I would love for everything to be decided by duels

8. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i think it could be interesting...yes financial business' would profit most but it could give the little guy his true chance to be heard. true that it would be upper class being capable of being better players but the middle class and below might have a huge drive and could be the cause of a revolution of sorts.