• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cards but no Board Games?

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Alright, we have a section here for cards, but wouldn't it be better if it were transformed into a general non-video sorta games section? There is currently nowhere on this forum to really post about war games, board games, and tabletop rpgs. That makes me sad. :(

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I agree. I'd love to learn about more obscure board games. Like Arkham Horror.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I agree with this. Change the section name to something like "Traditional Games" and have it cover pretty much everything.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that's a pretty good idea, the Card section isn't all that active, but if we changed it Tradional Games like Storm suggested then maybe more discussions would happen.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I agree. Board games are really popular around here too. We even have board game nights and they're beyond Scrabble, they're more sophisticated and complicated games.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I like Storms idea and there are tons of board games we could post about.

Yoshiiiiiiii

Registered Member
It might be better to have a separate forum subdivision for board games, since cards/poker itself is a big subject, then split that into Chess/Backgammon/Scrabble etc, and a division for lesser known games, so that they have their own pride of place and can always be accessed for more knowledge :) I was about to start a chess thread, but I'll hang on until this is resolved :)

OpenWebLayer

Registered Member
Is there such a section now? I'm asking, because I've been looking for some threads about board games and I couldn't find it. And most threads concerning board games are closed.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
There isn't but there needs to be!

dDave

V.I.P.
I think that it'd be nice to have a general board game section, I don't feel that board games are popular enough to need separate sections (except for the possibility of Settlers of Catan).

I know that over the years I've made quite a few posts on board games like chess, scrabble, Settlers, etc.