Cardio

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

A lot of people have different methods of doing cardio. What do you usually enjoy doing?

Personally I like to change it up sometimes, usually I'll run outside or on the treadmill, but sometimes I enjoy using the rowing machine or just go on the bike. I can't really stand using the stairmaster though.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

The only cardio I do is running and cycling.

3. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I only do two, running (only outside) and the rowing machine. They are the only two that I like and have been doing them for awhile now.

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

mostly treadmill, sometimes cycling and cross-trainer.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

When I go to the gym I usually use the exercise bike for 45 minutes to an hour. I choose a random course and just try to keep a steady tempo of about 100-110 rpm. Gets my heart rate up and I work up a nice sweat.

Sometimes I use the stairmaster, but I get bored quickly on it. If I'm going to work out on stairs I would rather climb real stairs, and there's an awesome set of about 120 stairs in a forest nearby. The stairs are all different heights and sizes, so it's a lot harder and a better workout than the stairmaster.

6. blackhorse

blackhorse Registered Member

i usually run 2 miles on the treadmill or if the weather permits 6 miles on the road..sometimes i play tennis if thats considered cardio..i have tried the stairclimbing machine but its a lot of work..i prefer running though

7. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I hate doing normal cardio, especially machines at the gym. If I have to do some, I'd prefer to run or bike outside. But my favorite method is to play a game. Raquetball, football, whatever.

8. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

My two favorites are cardio-kickboxing and DDR :lick: I like workouts that are fun and keep me entertained while doing them. I also like to run, but that is a more meditative kind of workout that I use for thinking time.

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I'll either jog or jump rope and then hit the heavy bag for about 30 minutes.

10. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I run 3 miles on an indoor track usually in the morning to early afternoon. I'll sometimes run an additional mile when I go to the gym and lift in the evening.