Cardinals' warner retires from pro football

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cardinals' Warner retires from pro football

I don't think this should surprise anyone, he was thinking of retirement for the last few seasons.

Warner had a great career and I'm sure he'll be inducted in the Hall of Fame one day. He'll be missed that's for sure.

It should be interested if Leinart will be able to handle the starting job.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
What a great career and what an even better guy. His story is inspirational and is a lesson to everyone never to give up and always keep trying.

Too many times now we see athletes getting into trouble, guys that kids shouldn't be looking up to. Warner was not one of them, he is truly a role model and a guy kids should look up to.

My hat's off to him and can't wait to see him on the stage in Canton and hearing his speech.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've liked Warner for a long time. I thought he may have been washed up when he went to the Cardinals but I was proven oh so very wrong. He's had a stellar career and, contrary to what I believed before, he'll be a first or second ballot hall of famer.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
A great story and a champion all the way on and off the field. What a great career. Certainly didn't think he was going to be a Hall of Famer when he was struggling with the Giants but after his rebirth with Arizona, he is a lock now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
CaptainObvious said it best, a lot of people doubted his abilites but he worked hard and eventually won the Super Bowl, he was known has one of the best quarterbacks in the league at one point. Overall he had an amazing career and like CO mentioned he was a class act.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
A great quarterback and an even greater man...a future Hall of Famer. He's one of the main reasons I've been alive to see my home town team win a Super Bowl. Thanks Kurt, for that.

The Cardinals are in for a world of hurt without him. I dont know how they can expect Matt Leinart to get the job done.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It should be interesting to see if Leinart can finally get it all together. Personally I believe the Cardinals should give him a chance and not go sign a veteran quarterback. Leinart has played a few games in recent seasons and he's looked pretty good.

The biggest factor for him his motivation in my opinion, if he can find that love for Football again then he can be successful in this league. He has the size and the tools to be a good one.

I couldn't stand him as a Ram, maybe because of the team, maybe because he beat the Titans in the SB. But ever since he went to the Cards, my dislike has slowly let up and I have really liked him over the past couple of years. I was rooting for him to win another SB last year and this year as well. Too bad he is retiring, but I am sure it is for the best.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
You have to give Leinart the ball, he has played well when given the opportunity over the last couple seasons and I think he still has a chance to develop into a bonafide starter in the NFL. He has a real good supporting cast around him and as long as he keeps things simple for himself early while he gets comfortable, I think he will do fine.

That said, the Cardinals need a veteran quarterback there to backup, to both push Leinart and to be there in case he falters. I think Arizona should give Jeff Garcia a ring and try to work something out.