Cardinals Sign Derek Anderson

I'd prefer to see Anderson starting. He may have had a horrible last few years, but he made it to the Pro Bowl, so that's at least one good season. Haha. Leinart has barely had one good game.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
If I were a Cardinals fan I would prefer Anderson over Leinart. Anderson has played well in spots, Leinart has pretty much sucked any time he has played.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Perfect pickup for the Cardinals...

Someone who's been good in the past and who can push Matt Leinart. Matt needs someone behind him to push him...force him to actually play well.

I think they'll both be given the chance to win the job...let the best man win.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Definitely a good move by the Cards...that being said, like BR, I still like to see Leinart get the starting spot. He's excelled in the past.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely a good move by the Cards...that being said, like BR, I still like to see Leinart get the starting spot. He's excelled in the past.
Excelled in the past? In college, sure.

In the pro's? Not so much.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Excelled in the past? In college, sure.

In the pro's? Not so much.
Well you know I'm not one to spout numbers around (unless it's the Rams, haha)...but still, I remember watching a few games in which his skill really impressed me. :nod:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Leinart has shown a few times that he can play in this league, he was just very inconsistent which is normal for a new Quarterback learning the position in the NFL. I think he can actually be a better than average quarterback in this league if he played a full season.

Ever since Warner joined the team he's never been given a real chance to shine.

Other than the INT he didn't play all that bad in 2006.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well you know I'm not one to spout numbers around (unless it's the Rams, haha)...but still, I remember watching a few games in which his skill really impressed me. :nod:
He was okay in 2006...pretty awful since then.

Was it because Warner was the man and is he just not good? I dunno.

I do know the Cards/Rams game I was at last year the Cardinals were destroying us at halftime. Warner hurt his head, Leinart came in, and they scored ZERO points the second half.

Ill believe it when I actually see it.