Card Stacking / House of Cards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Have you ever built a house of cards? Have you ever built anything with cards?

I've built things that are maybe 1-2 stories high... (yeah, not much).

Check this out though, this guy is insane and he doesn't appear to have messed up even once. Here's a time lapse video of him building the US capital building with cards.

No glue.

YouTube - Champion cardstacker builds capitol with 22,000 cards

Same buy builds Bejing in cards:

YouTube - Bejing Olympic Card Stack

Absolutely and utterly amazing if you ask me. :shocked:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009

2. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I've been bored in work and made pyramids out of the beer mats. The highest I've built one was about six or seven stories high. I knocked it over a good few times doing that, but it passes the time. :hah:

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I remember you made a card stacking thread a couple years ago. Or someone did.

That video is insane. Not only being able to build the entire thing without knocking it over, but just coming up with the blue prints for it and all the planning, making it structurally stable. 22,000 cards is crazy.

I can't stack cards for shit. I've never gotten higher than 2-3 stories. You probably need the right kind of cards for it. The thicker the better.

4. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Beermats are good for that. The ones we have are generally good, thick card ones, so it's easier to do it with them than playing cards.

5. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I have tried it once or twice in my life. The most I have ever done is only like 5 stories or something around there, I just get bored of it and I get annoyed if it falls over lol.

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I used to built card houses quite a lot, just out of being bored.

I think the highest I ever got was about 4 stories high. Used to get so frustrating though when they fell down and you had to start all over again.

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I tried quite a bit to do it when I was younger. I didn't really have the patience to keep trying. I wasn't any good at it.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Never tried it. And even if I did, I don't think I'll be good at it. I'll be too bothered by the lack of symmetry that I'd end up ruining it as I try to perfect it.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I do it when I get bored at my nans, they always have a pack of cards lying around. I can never get far with it, I have the patience but not so much the steady hands lol. I find it interesting to watch though.

10. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I've done a little bit of card stacking before, it's a lot of fun but I'm definitely not good at it.

My best card house ever looked something like this.

[​IMG]

I think mine was one story shorter though, yeah planning a huge structure is insane, everything must be done exactly the same on a perfectly level surface or else you're done for.