• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Plug Carbonated Water

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
One of my crutches during this lame attempt at dieting has been carbonated water. It's great because it's fizzy like soda, comes in fruit flavors and has zero sugar, carbs or calories. I could drink 'em all day and night but I like to have them on hand to fight cravings for sweet things.

Anyone like them too?

Elanor

Registered Member
I really like carbonated water. Much prefer the taste of it to still water. I usually get the plain one though, flavoured ones leave me with a weird aftertaste even if they are quite nice at first, instead I mix it with some fruit squash for added flavour.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I surprisingly do not. I drink a lot of carbonated drinks but whenever I drink water I don't want that same feeling when I drink it.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I have never tried it. I don't see myself doing so either, because I've read in a book about how carbonation isn't really that good for you. I believe I read it in Body For Life, but I can't be certain. I know that when I was dieting it was suggested to me if I drink anything carbonated then I should add an extra bottle of water afterwards. I can't even get in my required amount of water per day, so I never tried the carbonated water and diet drinks.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I used to drink a lot of Topo Chico growing up but I don't anymore. I've tried to stay away from carbonated drinks.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I try to stay away from carbonated drinks except for soda's and shouldn't drink them. They did a study and found carbonated beverages will leach the calcium out of a woman's bones causing osteoporosis. This is just women not men, something to do with our hormones.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Personally I prefer regular water. I've tried carbonated water, and I don't know, the bubbles with no sweet taste is kind of offputting to me. I just can't seem to get into it.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't like the taste of it at all. I will always go with still water - bottled still water. I do not like tap water and I worry it's not clean. Never tastes as nice anyway.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I can drink it when it's flavoured, but I hate just plain carbonated or soda water. I need to have still water if it doesn't have flavouring.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Same, when it has flavor to it then the drink just tastes much better. I've never tasted carbonated water without flavor, I'd imagine it would just be drinking tap water...with bubbles no less.

~Shwa