• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Carbon Dioxide levels Top 400 Parts Per Million

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Before the Industrial Revolution in the 19th century, global average CO2 was about 280 ppm. During the last 800,000 years, CO2 fluctuated between about 180 ppm during ice ages and 280 ppm during interglacial warm periods. Today's rate of increase is more than 100 times faster than the increase that occurred when the last ice age ended.

Carbon Dioxide at NOAA's Mauna Loa Observatory Reaches New Milestone: Tops 400 Parts Per Million
Carbon Dioxide levels haven't been this high for about 4 million years and then the ocean levels were much higher. This isn't good, it might of occurred naturally in the past but this time its man made.

Carbon dioxide levels highest in recorded human history - CBS News Video

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know what you mean. I keep hearing from people that the world goes through cycles and it has been much warmer than it is today. That's true during the Permian period the Earth and the oceans warmed up to the point there was a methane release and because of that it warmed up even more which caused a mass extinction. That was caused naturally but this time we are causing it. Hope we don't have another methane release.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah, the people who think we aren't causing harm well... I dunno. Maybe they don't have eyes, or don't ever read the news etc. It's impossible to see the amount of factories pouring shit into the air, the amount of cars releasing fumes etc and still think we aren't doing harm. I almost wish I did live in that ignorant bubble that those people live in. It must be a nice magical, happy place where humans are doing no harm to the Earth.