• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Car Draft Official Thread

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Alright, as the Car Draft interest thread has travelled its course I have taken it upon myself to make the official thread.

The rules are simple: All cars must be street legal, and they CANNOT just be any vehicle (no Mack Trucks, no Buses, no Tanks). All years and trim models of a vehicle are welcome. Please try to include a picture of your car, but be considerate of picture sizes as they can fuck up people's internet (they certainly are affecting mine, ATM). Also, try to include a reason why you like whatever car you pick, it makes the game that much more fun. :D

We will go snake style (1234554321), and please remember to PM the next person in line to go. I entered our names into Random.org and here goes the list:
Magnum
DaStevez
BigBob
Impact
HES
Kibi

As I am first, I will take my pick now.
1970 Buick GSX Stage 1.

In the September, 1986 issue of Hot Rod Magazine, they posted the 100 fastest muscle cars of all time. What shocked people the most is that in third place, behind the corvette 427, and the Cobra 427, was not the Chevelle SS 454, but the Buick GSX Stage 1. This was the most powerful car of that era. It pumped 510 Ft-Lbs of torque at an incredibly low 2800 RPM (The modern Corvette ZO6 puts out only 470 at 4800 RPM, in comparison).

Not only did it haul, but it was just bad ass. It had the killer paint job, a kickass rear spoiler, those insane ram air intakes, and the infinitely cool hood mounted tackometer. It oozes cool, but still rides rather nice in decent comfort.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Shit, I wasn't ready to make the thread yet; I haven't taken the time to get ready yet. I was waiting to see if anyone else was interested before I posted it.

--------------------------------------
Shooting from the hip:
1963 Austin Mini Cooper S
It was pretty much the same the entire time this generation of the Mini was made. This car is legendary worldwide. It is especially know in racing for winning the Monte Carlo Rally in 1964, 1965, and 1967. They were disqualified on a technicality in 1966.

The body work is a thing of beauty. This thing was sexy in red or British Racing Green.

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
I'm going to go with an obvious choice, a 69' Dodge Charger RT

It's the 2nd car on the "Car I'm going to buy when I win the lottery or become a professional football player".

Doc

V.I.P.
...so I'm guessing this fell apart.

Impact

V.I.P.
I didn't get a PM. I didn't realise that this thread had even been started. Give me a little while to sort out my picks.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Fabulous pick Steve. The mini is an absolute classic. It has a charm to it like nothing else, and whereas muscle cars are cool they generally look very similar to me. Nothing looks like the Mini. It is a one of a kind. Love the pick, even if it means I now have to alter my picks...

Impact

V.I.P.
Okay, with my first pick i'm going with my favourite car ever. I always loved nissan skylines, and even though it's technically not a skyline, it is the high performance version. I am of course talking about this sexy beast, the Nissan GT-R (2007/2008/2009 depending what part of the world you're from)

This is definitely the first car i'm going to buy when I become rich.

Last edited:

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
For the first pick on this I go for this little beauty.

The '66 Lamborghini Miura:

This is one cool car. A classic. A machine created with style and an eye for aesthetics unlike anything else. Oh yeah, and it goes like stink... Love this vehicle. Would love to own one, but with only 700 or so having been made, getting my hands on one in good nick seems unlikely. Nonetheless, I love this car.

Doc

V.I.P.
Man, this is going to be one hell of a tough draft. Everyone is making amazing picks.

I didn't get a PM. I didn't realise that this thread had even been started. Give me a little while to sort out my picks.
That was my fault. I must have gotten impatient waiting for it to send when I was in chat or something. I apologize. Dude, the GT-R is a monster. It's as fast as a 911 Turbo around Nuremberg.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Man, this is going to be one hell of a tough draft. Everyone is making amazing picks.

That was my fault. I must have gotten impatient waiting for it to send when I was in chat or something. I apologize. Dude, the GT-R is a monster. It's as fast as a 911 Turbo around Nuremberg.
Theirs no track at Nuremberg. Nurburg on the other hand has a great one....:lol:

Yeah, the GTR is a beast, but for me, it can't hold a flame to another 6 cylinder supercar that will make an appearance sometime later in my selections.....

Well, my dad had to bring in his Nissan Altima into the dealership to get some specialty work done on it (fucking bullshit rip off, you can't change the headlights outside the dealership :mad: ) and he and I had a chance to sit in a GTR while waiting on the work. Pretty sweet. Remarkabely comfortable for a Supercar of its caliber. You sit relatively high in fairly comfortable seats that hug the body like you would hold a bird in your hand- not tight, not loose, just right. I was disappointed it didn't have 6 point harnesses as standard, but they are optional and the 4 points that are standard are not lacking at all. The rear seats are as useful as a third elbow though, but you get ALOT of trunk space, almost as much as my dad's altima...

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rontzeeez Hockey 2
HalfEatenSurprise Autos 9
MAgnum9987 Autos 29
Doc Autos 33
Babe_Ruth NBA 0