TV Captain Planet

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was thinking about two cartoon shows that I really hate, I came up with two of them. The first one is Captain Planet, and the second one you'll see in a new thread.

So I was wondering what you guys thought about the cartoon show Captain Planet? Were you a fan of the show, or you hated it just like me.

Personally I hated the show, it was so boring, and the only reason why I watched it was because it was the only thing that was on Saturday afternoons. Man that show was god awful.

2. patkick

patkick #21

The show was pretty decent imo. I used to watch it on Cartoon Network when I was about 6-8 years old so I can't remember much of the show.

3. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

I didn't like that one much either. It was too preachy. I realize that was the entire point of the show, but they could have been slightly more subtle about it. They might have had a couple of good episodes, but overall I think it focused on the message a little too much and the rest of the show suffered for it.

4. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

CAPTAIN PLANET was notable more for the voice talent than anything else.
    Whoopi Goldberg, Margot Kidder, LeVar Burton, Meg Ryan, Tim Curry, Malcolm McDowell and Martin Sheen were just some of the top talent who lent their voices to the show.

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

"Captain Planet, he's the hero,
    "Gonna take pollution down to zero,
    "He's the power, magnified,
    "And he's fighting on the planet's side
    Duh, duh du-du, dee....

YouTube - Captain Planet Theme

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow I didn't know that there was so many talented actors that were voices in this cartoon show.

But even still I just couldn't stand this cartoon and I'm glad that there isnt a lot of fans of Captain Planet on this message board as well. I'm really happy that they don't show any re-runs of this show.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

What was wrong with Captain Planet?

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I'm pretty sure I wasn't affected at all by the show's message. All I liked was the fighting. Later on, I realized that it was Green propoganda, but it never reached me.

haha. I remember when Captain Planet got really weak when he got doused by oil. bahahaha

And for the record, I think Heart is a BS element. :-/