Movies Captain America

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
According to Aintitcoolnews, some concept pictures of what Chris Evans will look like when he's suited up have been leaked onto the net.

You can see some others here: UPDATE W/ CONFIRMATION!! This Is CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER!! -- Now Embiggenable!! -- -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Thoughts? I think it looks quite cool but these pictures would obviously look good in a comic, I wonder how they will translate to real materials.

Last edited:

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
Great pics! Thanks! I look forward to this movie and I think if the costume is anything like those displayed here, then Chris will do a great job wearing it.

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
Awesome style, I like it!

Wonder what other comic fans (such as myself) will think of it, and how it's different from his classic look.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I had remembered seeing this Concept Art a while back;

I wasnt sure if I was gonna like it. After seeing some of the Set Stills now... I'm still not to confident in it. The suit looks to puffy, not as form fitting as I was hoping. Makes him look like he's wearing a goose down stuffed flight jacket rather than a suit of armor :hah:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's kind of good that you're already finding flaws Goat, it means that your expectations won't be all that high when you watch the movie, which isn't a bad thing when you think about it. I'm personally looking forward to it, I don't know much of Captain America's background and such, so if it does turn out to be a terrible movie, then I won't be hugely disappointed.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Oh I'll see it, and with Captain America even though I love me some Cap... he's still not my #1 Marvel Hero. You think this is bad, you should have saw me back in 2001 nitpicking the Tobey McGuire before he was proven as a potential web head.

There are a few things that I believe the Captain America movie has going for it. Its not released yet, so the studio & writers have had ample time to study where comic films are failing and where they are strong. Iron Man kept a bit of a gritty theme to it in its first showing, Iron Man 2 got more family friendly (IMO). The response from what I gathered was that although IM2 was still a good movie, the First IM was Spectacular.

Then theres the Actors. I'm hung up on Chris Evans right now because I'm still pissed that he's already played a Character from the same Comic Universe. I mean come on he's friggin Johnny Storm!!!!

I cant just blink and make that go Away.

However! That leaves a backdoor for Evans to kick in and amaze me with his acting as Cap when the time comes. I'm expecting nothing from him, which means he's got an opportunity to shine great.

All In all, I will still watch and chances are I will still love the upcoming Captain America movie. I just hope that they tread lightly on the character, those are some big boots to fill.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
I'm not too thrilled about the design of the costume for the movie. While I can appreciate that they want Cap to look more like a soldier than a superhero, I'd prefer a more faithful adaptation of some iconic elements.

I wasnt sure if I was gonna like it. After seeing some of the Set Stills now... I'm still not to confident in it. The suit looks to puffy, not as form fitting as I was hoping. Makes him look like he's wearing a goose down stuffed flight jacket rather than a suit of armor :hah:
My internet is acting up so I can't double check the pictures right now, but if these are the pictures I think they are, there's a reason it looks puffy. This is actually a stuntman in the suit. His version of the suit probably has extra protective padding for use during dangerous stunts. The real costume may have much better quality on the screen.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Throughout the comic book history for Captain America
up until his death in the Marvel Civil War
has been his basic WW2 outfit, 90's costume/Avengers costume, and Civil war Uniform....which is still a resemblance of his earlier costume with some added modifications. If they're starting from the very beginning of his life and legacy then yeah, I can see this costume working out.

But this is actually exciting! What I mean by this is there are key players:

*Fantastic Four
*Hulk
*Iron Man
*X-Men
*DareDevil
*Electra
*War Machine
*Punisher
*Ghost Rider
*Spider Man
*Nick Fury
*Black Widow

The listed hero's and their villan counterparts are all in the Marvel Civil War...now with captain American added to a new movie along with Thor....HOLY F*CKBALLS!!! I'm just saying, epic :-o:-o:D Even better they can do a movie about the Secret War that started a chain reaction into the Civil War, that would be sa-weet!

~Shwa