• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Captain America: Winter Soldier

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I saw this today, I loved it. Great storyline that anyone who loves Marvel comics would like, and the addition of Falcon was well done. Anyone seen this or has plans to see it?

brikaben

Registered Member
I saw this on Saturday, I loved it. I have not read the comics but my partner has. He said he was very happy with the way they have done the movies so far.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I am too, in my opinion they stay consistent with the comic storylines. They may not be exactly a storyline from the comics, and I wouldn't want them to be, but I do like the consistency. That was my problem with Man of Steel, it strayed too far from the comics.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I loved that Man of Steel was a little different from the comics to be honest with you. I think that's just what that particular story needed. I can't wait to see how they handle the sequel with the addition of Batman.

I have yet to see Winter Soldier, but am dying to. Even though I'm a big comics reader, I was never into the superhero stuff. I am, however, impressed with what Marvel has achieved with all of their movies so far. Most of them have been quite good, so I've no reason to expect this one to be any different in regards to overall quality.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I really want to see this, I have liked all the marvel films so far, and from what I have seen this looks to be another strong film in the franchise.
Hopefully I will get to see this soon, I just hope I'm not building my hopes up to much.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't see the first one to be honest but after seeing the Avenger's movies I am more likely to see this one as a result of that. Good to hear people have enjoyed it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
This is probably the best Marvel movie thus far, in my opinion, and I loved the Iron Man movies and both Thor movies. This has a lot of twists and lots and lots of action. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

dDave

V.I.P.
The IMDb rating is currently 8.3. That's actually a slightly higher rating than The Avengers, one of the all time highest grossing films and widely considered to be one of the best superhero movies. The fact that this new Captain America movie has a higher rating than that could mean great things for Marvel.

I want to see this movie but I've got a question. If I never saw the first one then is this one worth watching or should I try to get my hands on the first one? I know the ratings weren't nearly as good.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I would watch the first one, there is a twist that goes back to the first film, but I don't think it's necessary. Seeing the first one makes the twist more dramatic but it's not necessary. I agree the first one was a little slow and not as good as this one.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This sounds like a movie I would like to see. Since it received such a high rating I bet it will be really good. I have never seen the first one either.